No announcement yet.

2020 Snooker Shoot Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the Chinese lad who knocked out the Chinese girl played yet? His break was brilliant.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post

Look, I'm not one of these Ronnie fans, but consider a few things: He's won everything there is to win in the game. He has more money than he probably knows what to do with. He's been number one in the world and undoubtedly still would be if he played in as many tournaments as the others... why on earth would he need or want to cheat? Especially for a joke of a tournament like this.
      He does all sorts of stuff that doesn't make sense. He clattered the pack with the rest in the English Open a couple of years ago, and never called a foul on himself, so he has form. I don't know about yesterday, but if you do something once then he's got to expect people to join the dots, rightly or wrongly

Comment

Has the Chinese lad who knocked out the Chinese girl played yet? His break was brilliant.
        Do you mean the Malaysian lad who knocked out the Thai girl? Lol.
        He lost in next round. Couldn’t repeat his terrific first round form.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Do you mean the Malaysian lad who knocked out the Thai girl? Lol.
          He lost in next round. Couldn’t repeat his terrific first round form.
          Uum, yes, those. :redface:
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

He does all sorts of stuff that doesn't make sense. He clattered the pack with the rest in the English Open a couple of years ago, and never called a foul on himself, so he has form. I don't know about yesterday, but if you do something once then he's got to expect people to join the dots, rightly or wrongly
            This discussion isn't going to go anywhere worthwhile, so I vote we leave it there

Comment

"the Malaysian lad who knocked out the Thai girl" - they have names: Thor Chuan Leong/Nutcharut Wongharuthai

Comment

Originally Posted by herbie View Post
                "the Malaysian lad who knocked out the Thai girl" - they have names: Thor Chuan Leong/Nutcharut Wongharuthai
                Maybe Nifty50 was simply correcting me when I said 'The Chinese lad who knocked out the Chinese girl.'

And is there any harm in not knowing a person or persons' name? It's not like either of them are well known.
                Last edited by Billy; 23 February 2020, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

I just watched it on youtube, sound muted, and the black rocked a tiny, tiny bit, that sort of thing you can't see or feel but maybe you can hear a slight scraping noise, but only when it's quiet. Later the ref then puts the yellow on the green spot and no one notices.
                  The tournament is fun and would be OK if the crowd just shut up and watched but I guess they're only there for the beer and to make as much noise as they can.
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                    The tournament is fun and would be OK if the crowd just shut up and watched but I guess they're only there for the beer and to make as much noise as they can.
                    That's the main problem. All the noise feels manufactured. Occasionally a particularly good break or a tense, close finish earns the real respect of the crowd, and the noise becomes sincere, but other than that they're just annoying.

Comment

That's the main problem. All the noise feels manufactured. Occasionally a particularly good break or a tense, close finish earns the real respect of the crowd, and the noise becomes sincere, but other than that they're just annoying.
                      It's quite amazing that the players manage to concentrate as well as they do ....

Comment

I've often wondered why Matthew Stevens appears to be constantly confused by everything around him. Everything he looks at is done with a puzzled expression.
                        Perhaps he's a bit unsettled by the "tournament" format or the incessant crowd noise ....
                        Last edited by crocodile; 23 February 2020, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Now we know why Thor's nickname is "The God of War" ....

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            Greene v Bond - should be a long match!

:applouse:
                            Good job Peter Ebdon's not around - then it'd be even longer!

Comment

The extent to which native English speakers are able to butcher the name Haotian really amazes me. It's even worse then usual tonight. They used to just say Haoshan, but now I'm hearing Hooshan, or something to that effect.

You're not pronouncing Tian Pengfei as Shan Pengfei, are you? So why the need to modify the "tian" in Haotian?

Comment

The horror. Has it been like this all weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X