The Main Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
    Thanks, I saw this but right hand side is cut off. I’m viewing on IPAD. Could that be the problem?
    Maybe. I will try it on imgbb

https://ibb.co/j8Zqvzy
    https://ibb.co/0jCWbf9
    Last edited by fkhan; 29 July 2020, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Maybe. I will try it on imgbb

https://ibb.co/j8Zqvzy
      https://ibb.co/0jCWbf9
      Didn’t work for me. Strange.

Comment

Originally Posted by trying View Post
        I tried to look on the WST app earlier to find out when the matches were.... not sure if its just me but I find the app unhelpful to put it politely. Looked on snooker.org instead. Much better.
        I gave up on the WST App, less than useless really, some more (but not much) info I just go to the webpage and the links there.

Anyway
        go to Hermund's site where he has taken the Fixtures and has the dates and times for all sessions in the Last 32
        http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp...e=24&event=842
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

What is the reasoning behind the Draw, IE why put the top 16 against the 16 qualifyers, I'm just comparing to the FA cup for instance they pull numbers out of a bag so its anyone against anyone, to me this way seems a bit one sided.
          Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
            What is the reasoning behind the Draw, IE why put the top 16 against the 16 qualifyers, I'm just comparing to the FA cup for instance they pull numbers out of a bag so its anyone against anyone, to me this way seems a bit one sided.
            what you're saying then is that the world championship should be a league system over a season , or it should be more like the uk championship where all the top 16 play in the same round as all the lower ranked players , its just something that has to be countenanced as the people running the show need tv ratings and income .

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
              of course it is
              WST thinking -
              designed to be top-heavy
              the Top 16 have got to the top by gaining the ranking points, etc. so they get the benefit of this by not having to play lots of matches to get to the big money rounds.
              The rest have the opportunity to get there if they play well. when it was like a flat scheme it did not work well, going back to the tiered system has given the low rankers and non-tour players a really good chance at the big-carrot

Barry Hearn view:
              money follows money
              if you work at it and play well you will get the rewards

:biggrin:
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Quite fancy Ding if there's no audience, Trump should win but there's always the Crucible curse to contend with, unfair that the champion plays his first round all on one day, really looking forward to Ronnie v Thepchaiya, my kind of match that and will hopefully be as good as Judd v Thepchaiya last year and unlucky for Thepchaiya getting one of the best two in the world first round again.
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                  and unlucky for Thepchaiya getting one of the best two in the world first round again.
                  Higgins, Trump and O'Sullivan in his first three appearances. A bit harsh. :smile:

Comment

Thepchaiya a is a very talented player. He’s a cool customer and has beaten Ronnie before. Good popcorn match.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                      ok i'll give the comfortable wins i see for the seeds , wilson over hamilton , allen over clarke and murphy over saengkham :smile:
                      Well, with that track record, Wilson is probably glad he didn't have to play Hamilton now.

Just shows again there's almost nothing certain in Snooker.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

Well, with that track record, Wilson is probably glad he didn't have to play Hamilton now.

Just shows again there's almost nothing certain in Snooker.
                        i've made about five accumulator bets so far on this wc , both qualifiers and last 32 , mostly bet on outsiders , didn't bet here but i thought clarke wouldn't score heavily enough and i overlooked murphy's bereavement , only small losses and i'm only glad the qualifiers are having success , i always thought the top 16 outside a few was a bit overrated anyway , it became a hyped up term just out of the tournament elimination process imo .

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                          ok i'll give the comfortable wins i see for the seeds , wilson over hamilton , allen over clarke and murphy over saengkham :smile:
                          Well...Hamilton cancelled so your right on Wilson.
                          Allen lost to clarke and Murphy lost to Saengkam

Comment

Working...
                          X