Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

Doesn't make it less stupid though. :smile:
    My best friend once said the americans invented it for the sitcoms 'cause the public wouldn't know when to laugh otherwise.

Comment

• Yeah, hate that as well. Nothing worse than fake laughter at things that aren't funny. :smile:

Comment

• Referees breathing in the selby match makes me think he could do with a health check up
        Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Having said that given the choice between heavy breathing referee or switch over to Dave’s commentary, I’ll stay with the breathing.
          Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• That's the same guy then!!!

Explanation: like the vast majority of Italian football fans supporting the "team of their birthplace" -- instead of the "team that always wins on TV" when they are young -- I grew up developing a heightened sense of smell for those biased commentators that would regularly find a way (sometimes very sophisticated, sometimes just silly and self-evident) to over-celebrate the famous-and-usually-winning guys to the detriment of the underdogs.

After leaving Italy, I had to start watching Serie A on ESPN (UK), and I thought "OK, less matches to see, but finally, some unbiased commentary!"

Then, I was really surprised to watch those Serie A matches on ESPN while feeling just like before: even the UK commentary sounded a lot like supporting the status quo (read Juventus, fresh winners of the 8th consecutive serie A title...).

I started thinking that it was my fault, I was biased in the opposite direction. After all, I might be jealous...

But now, I just discovered that the guy who covered Serie A for ESPN was a great Juventus fan since his youth!!!! And you know who's that????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Farrar

Our new friend

Comment

• How bad was Murphy today ! Saw a few shot to nothings and he was miles out in his potting attempts .

Selby playing poorly as well .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                How bad was Murphy today ! Saw a few shot to nothings and he was miles out in his potting attempts .

Selby playing poorly as well .
                Maybe they are all rusty due to no practice. Second round might give a better picture.

Comment

• I was wondering if the crowds not being there affects the more established Pro’s , as the so called ‘lesser lights ‘are used to playing in front of one man and his dog !

So there would be less pressure on the lesser lights , as they don’t have the crowds to deal with . It hasn’t really transpired that way yet with most of the top 16 qualifying though .

Comment

• Common Anthony!

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                      Common Anthony!
                      He's had a few good chances to finish this off, Lisowski's tail's up now though....

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                        I was wondering if the crowds not being there affects the more established Pro’s , as the so called ‘lesser lights ‘are used to playing in front of one man and his dog !

So there would be less pressure on the lesser lights , as they don’t have the crowds to deal with . It hasn’t really transpired that way yet with most of the top 16 qualifying though .
                        but john higgins says the reverse , he expects there to be a record no. of centuries because of the no crowds , interesting precedent possibly , i always thought snooker could be watched in some plexiglass surrounded arena , which would solve the drawback of people watching snooker they can't be social like darts , if higgins thinks the quietness is a good thing then why not .

Comment

• Jack is such a talented but immature player

he's not a young kid anymore

giving up 16 points to escape a simple snooker

Comment

• No top player has looked like a top player other than Ronnie

Comment

• Amazing what pressure can do to you. Jack and Anthony could be the all time best examples of that. Even the final blue was feeling the pressure, it wobbled a couple of times before dropping in. Finally, Anthony has made it! Tough luck Jack.
                              Last edited by fkhan; 3 August 2020, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Stunning blue by McGill . Terrible escape attempts by Lisowski , that will haunt him for a while .

watched the conclusion on my IPad with the BBC Commentary .......and the last time I will be doing that . The commentator is quite simply shocking , I’m cringing every time he speaks . He brings absolutely nothing to enhance the coverage whatsoever. Who on earth tested him prior to this needs his head shaking , the guy clearly knows nothing about snooker . The BBC need to pull him from his duties. I seriously think people will turn off rather than listen to him .

Comment

Working...
                                X