Do You Want Canned Applause?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    They should have canned cries of 'get on with it' when Selby is playing. I'll record a tape for them
    Throw in a few snoring sounds , or a chant of "we can see you sneaking out", when he's on his fiftieth toilet break.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

"Come on, Ronnie!"
      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

A week ago I’d have voted no, but it’s grown on me and makes things feel far less surreal, so I voted yes.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

I think it adds to matches rather than taking away so I voted keep it.
          I also think the recording they play now is far more lifelike than when they first started to use it .

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Missed that, was it the same pocket Binghams black stopped in ?
            yes apparently it was ,Parrot mentioned it at the time ,tables have been rolling off quite a bit ,the King /Ding match was another example

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
              I also think the recording they play now is far more lifelike than when they first started to use it .
              Let's have a cardboard cut out crowd as well then, and I'm sure the BBC have a few spare Daleks they can dress as his family to wheel on when he picks up the cup, (dalek voice) 'well done luv, you exterminated him'

Actually I would love that
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Let's have a cardboard cut out crowd as well then, and I'm sure the BBC have a few spare Daleks they can dress as his family to wheel on when he picks up the cup, (dalek voice) 'well done luv, you exterminated him'

Actually I would love that
                Sounds good to me !
                Ive noticed they are now playing it on good shots as well . There must be a opening in the app market for a product you can use down the club for when you play. Maybe I should take it to the ‘Dragons Den’ for backing

Comment

Yes, i noticed that too - it definitely sounds more convincing now than it did to start with. I think the players are getting used to it as well.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Yes, i noticed that too - it definitely sounds more convincing now than it did to start with. I think the players are getting used to it as well.
                    I’ve got used to it as well along with having no crowd .

How’s things with you Cue Crafty ?, have you been practicing your golf swing or cue action ?

Comment

I’ve got used to it as well along with having no crowd .

How’s things with you Cue Crafty ?, have you been practicing your golf swing or cue action ?
                      Little bit of both mate, and they were equally as bad! At least im keeping my eye in for the winter autumn winter months when i'll play a lot more. The Worlds are still great and seem to produce some quality snooker moments. Its too hot for golf today so im hoping the air con will be blasting out well down the club later!
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

It's a no from from me. Cheers. Ian.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Little bit of both mate, and they were equally as bad! At least im keeping my eye in for the winter autumn winter months when i'll play a lot more. The Worlds are still great and seem to produce some quality snooker moments. Its too hot for golf today so im hoping the air con will be blasting out well down the club later!

These Worlds have been a real spark that has ignited my love of watching snooker on the telly again . There have been some great matches .
                          I’ve found a table down the club that is right next to the air con unit that I practice on .
                          Im having trouble finding practice partners in my club at the moment so I can see myself making my way to my homeland of Essex in a few months time to play some old git from Ilford

Comment

My club never installed air conditioning so the Snooker room would become like a furnace during hot weather especially when all 10 tables were on and it was below ground level so there were no windows. There were a few plug sockets near the score boards of some of the tables so I started bringing in a small desk fan that I could put on the shelf below the score board.
                            www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

I myself don't like it and voted No already a few days ago.
                              But apparently they asked the players if they would like it, which obviously is the right approach in concerns like this, and the majority approved of the applause. So if it's good for them it's fine for me.
                              Last edited by JimMalone; 8 August 2020, 03:55 PM.

Comment

It'd be alright if it didn't sound like a toilet flushing. I'm not sure the players need to hear it.
                                Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X