Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the telly I meant

Comment

I hope the A/C is decent .......some good news at last .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Likely to be a very strange WC this year. Not expecting all the players to be at the top of their game. Might be a chance for an outsider to grab the opportunity with both hands.
        Still waiting to hear how the qualifiers will be sorted out. Maybe quite a few of the foreign based players will just not be able to attend.
        My monies on the main tournament going ahead behind closed doors or maybe with a very very limited crowd. NO WAY can you have 1,000 people crammed into the Crucible when your trying to suppress a virus.

Comment

I just don't see how the rules around social distancing which we are likely to have a law soon can allow any sport of any kind for the foreseeable.

France has banned all sport until September at the earliest, and the UK now has the worst death toll in Europe or certainly will have by the end of the week, how can we be talking about footballers returning and a world championships in July!

I think Hearn needs to give his head a wobble here and stop thinking for once about money and realise that in the grand scheme of things, snooker is completely irrelevant right now and will be for the remained of this year.

There is just no way that you can have social distancing on a snooker table, its impossible. Hearn needs to quickly tell the players that, rather than get their hopes up that they can play the world championship in a few months time. I've seen a few players posting pics of them practicing on SM, I think that is very irresponsible unless they have their own tables, a few have been allowed into clubs they practice in, they are simply breaking the rules.

Comment

Could do with an announcement regarding the qualifiers. There will be a lot of players who have to drop out cos of the travel restrictions.

Comment

seems that is going to be on
              June 1-11
              on ITV
              64 players in round-robin groups
              no audience but then it didn't anyway

http://www.matchroomsport.com/news/s...ne-1st-on-itv/
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Excellent .....on terrestrial TV
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Brilliant news, Thanks Dean. Assuming ITV4 as they have covered a lot of snooker in the past
                  Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

yes it is ITV4

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      seems that is going to be on
                      June 1-11
                      on ITV
                      64 players in round-robin groups
                      no audience but then it didn't anyway

http://www.matchroomsport.com/news/s...ne-1st-on-itv/
                      Great news.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

That’s great news, thanks for sharing Dean

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          yes it is ITV4
                          Great news Dean, once again my satellite dish is proven to be the right choice for me.
                          (cable tv doesn't carry itv4 here i think)

Comment

The thing is with the World Championship being held in August, unless Trump wins it again, the new champ will only hold the title for 9 months. Feels a bit bad but then its a catch 22...
                            Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

...but their name will be there for ever

Comment

What do you think? Can Judd retain his title? IMO, there will be another winner this year!

Comment

Working...
                                X