Cancellation/ Closed Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/23/world...uson-12748956/
    Lots of work being done behind the scenes.

Comment

I am sure a few people at WPBSA and WST had some late nights
      not long to go for some live-snooker!
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Given the recent activities of the PM Cummings, I think it would be highly unlikely that most places will not be now fully reopened before the end of June.

I also think with death toll falling and obviously infections coming down, it's probably safe to say, that by the middle of July we'll have next to no cases and zero deaths and we can get back to normality.

Many clubs, due to their size, would simply not be able to open and maintain social distancing, personally I don't believe any science can prove its effective anyway. It seems utterly pointless and so long as people wash their hands regularly and keep to minimal physical contact, use common sense, this will prove just as effective in restricting infectious transmission.

Comment

All shops to open by the middle of June, surely clubs will be, at the most, a month behind that.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

good news for global fans - well, better than nothing
            https://wst.tv/matchroom-live-to-bro...onship-league/

Comment

to confirm, Eurosport is showing it across Europe
              https://media.eurosport.com/pressweb...ionship-league

Comment

Players will be tested before the start and “locked in” to the tournament venue. Let’s home nobody fancies a quick drive up to Durham. Would be really bad publicity for the Tournament. Joking apart I hope the tournament is a success and it goes some way to getting things back to normal. I’m not that keen on the format and a few of the top 16 are missing but it’s better than nothing. Quite a few of the players ranked 17-64 are missing as well for one reason or another. Scott Donaldson from Scotland is missing. Haven’t been able to find out why as he’s been practicing in the club. Maybe he’s saving himself for the World Championship qualifiers.

Comment

I read that they changed the venue to a place with the hotel integral for less travelling and hence possible contact.

not long now!

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    I read that they changed the venue to a place with the hotel integral for less travelling and hence possible contact.
                    not long now!
                    That’s right. Great idea. Maybe for the players who are there for the full 11 days they may end up going a bit “stir crazy”? Depends on what other activities are available to pass the time. If there was a gym that would help some folk. Ronnie might crack up a bit if he doesn’t get his daily run. Similar accommodation arrangements not available for The Crucible, of course, so more challenges for Mr Hearn. Got to try and keep everyone virus free or it’s bad publicity.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      good news for global fans - well, better than nothing
                      I've registered, never heard of Matchroom Live, got nothing to loose ( I hope )
                      Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Showing on ITV4 in the UK from monday, looking forward to it, will probably give me the itch to get out and play myself, an itch I won't be able to scratch for a long time

It should be obvious by now that this virus and many others can be controlled by better hygiene along with honesty in self isolation, the government should make full sick pay from day one mandatory in order to stop those coming to work when ill because they can't afford to stay home on 95 quid a week statutary sick pay. Businesses should also enforce hand washing from all employees when entering the workplace, after visiting the toilet and before entering the works canteen until it becomes as habitual for all as it is for me. Shops and pubs and clubs should enforce using hand sanitisor for all entering their premises and enforce hand washing after visiting the toilets etc etc, bouncers on the toilet door if neccessary.
                        The new normal should be stay healthy, cleanliness and self isolation no matter what your symtoms, if you feel poorly don't go to work, don't go out and don't visit anyone until you're well and invest your pension in Johnnson & Johnnson

Dominic Cummins acted in guidance with his own interpretation of the small print he himself helped to draw up, still think he lied about his trip out to 'check his eyesight' but if he didn't have any contact with anyone outside his family then so what ! BTW did anyone vote for this bloke ?

As a biker I have read in Motorcycle News that it's wrong to go out for a ride on the bike even it means not stopping anywhere just in case I have an accident and need an ambulance, I haven't had an accident since I was a learner 40 years ago and was ignorant of how many idiots there are out there, a lesson learned the hard way. I should have read the small print myself instead of being cooped up in my flat for the past six weeks when the roads were almost empty and the sun was shining, we all should have, and given the finger to any coppers telling us otherwise, like the good people in Minneapolis are abiding by social distancing right now Happiness is a warm gun, shoot! shoot!

BTW the local beaches don't have life guards due to having to be re-trained to use PPE in rescues (mouth to mouth ), three deaths over the bank holiday weekend despite being told not to enter the water because there are no lifeguards, you can't educate pork!
                        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Get your bike out vmax, I've been out quite a few times this last 10 days, and off out again today. Just don't stop at well known biker places, just fill up and ride. I have one biker friendly cafe I stop at, it's well off the road so no busy bodies waving fingers, burger van in the carpark rather than inside so all is good, must of been 50 odd there on Monday all trying to keep apart.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            Get your bike out vmax, I've been out quite a few times this last 10 days, and off out again today. Just don't stop at well known biker places, just fill up and ride. I have one biker friendly cafe I stop at, it's well off the road so no busy bodies waving fingers, burger van in the carpark rather than inside so all is good, must of been 50 odd there on Monday all trying to keep apart.
                            I've been doing so this last week m8, the jaunt down to Bude has been good but the public toilets are closed, take a plastic bottle in a back pack now, I'm at that funny age :tongue:
                            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

I've been doing so this last week m8, the jaunt down to Bude has been good but the public toilets are closed, take a plastic bottle in a back pack now, I'm at that funny age :tongue:
                              I'm at that age too lol, stop out on the moors for a wee by a stream, helps you go too ha ha ha

Comment

just to confirm, where to watch:

ITV4 in the UK
                                Eurosport in Europe
                                FOXSportsAUS in Australia
                                Sky Sports in New Zealand

and
                                MatchroomLive via Youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X