Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
    https://www.wpbsa.com/the-crucible-s...est-standings/
    After last nights result Robertson will be in bottom half of Crucible draw so a Trump V Robbo final is a possibility.
    Robbo was #2 before yesterday and would be at the opposite end of the seeds draw from Trurmp begin #1 anyway, would he not?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Robbo was #2 before yesterday and would be at the opposite end of the seeds draw from Trurmp begin #1 anyway, would he not?
      That’s correct. Forgot Williams wasn’t playing this week.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
        The draw is normally made once the 16 qualifiers are known. So for this year that would be after July 28th. Bit tight for July 31st start at Crucible but should be dooable.
        PS. Last years dates. Last qualifying match was April 17th. (remember it well. Scott Donaldson getting thru 10-9). Draw made April 18th. Got my bets on April 19th lol. Crucible first match April 20th 10.00 am.
        I meant the draw for the qualifiers. But I guess they will anyways go strictly by ranking.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

I meant the draw for the qualifiers. But I guess they will anyways go strictly by ranking.
          Sorry should have realised what your question was about. Afraid I don’t know the answer but as you say prob based on rankings. Not sure when it takes place.

Comment

a reminder:
            Seed = Rank defined after Tour Championship

Round One - Seeded 81-128 plus 16 invited players = 64 will play each other, the 32 winners going into Round Two.

Round Two - those 32 winners will face players seeded 49-80.

Round Three: those 32 winners will face players seeded 17-48.

Round Four: those 32 winners play each other, with the 16 winners going through to the Crucible to face the top 16 seeds.

The actual draw of these rounds not announced yet...

Comment

hearing that about 10 Chinese players are not travelling to UK

Comment

Jings that’s about half the Chinese guys in the qualifiers. Probably be a few more from overseas decide not to come.Might have to stage the qualifiers with a reduced field. Wouldn’t be a disaster. If you hear any more please post up.
                Wee lad from my club (Dean Young) has an invite to play. Assume he’s still going but with the club closed I doubt whether he’s had any chance to practice.

Comment

Where did you read this Dean, if true will they be replaced by top up cards from the challenge tour or the 2019 Q School order of merit, or will the filed be reduced and byes added. This could effect the Chinese players tour cards and they may not choose to go to the Q School qualifiers either because of the Covid 19 pandemic.
                  Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post

Where did you read this Dean, if true will they be replaced by top up cards from the challenge tour or the 2019 Q School order of merit, or will the filed be reduced and byes added. This could effect the Chinese players tour cards and they may not choose to go to the Q School qualifiers either because of the Covid 19 pandemic.
                    it was on twitter; I asked for clarification but no reply so far
                    looked elsewhere but nothing to confirm
                    until we get the full draw we may not know, even then a player may no show

Comment

Speaking of the q school i’d imagine the allocation of only 2 two year places to the new asian q school compared to 12 for the british held q school will have to be looked at , tbh i’d much rather see a few more zhao xintong’s than the neverenders like barry pinches andy hicks and alex borg .

Comment

3 more weeks of boredom.

Comment

it was on twitter; I asked for clarification but no reply so far
                          looked elsewhere but nothing to confirm
                          until we get the full draw we may not know, even then a player may no show
                          Do you have the link to the twitter page and did it mention any of the Chinese players names because I can't find anything either. All I know is Marco Fu as pulled out and Peter Ebdon has retired and not entered not sure if the two will be replaced by top up players

Comment

a reply - here is a list of players supposedly not travelling, but no confirmation of where the names come from:
                            Zhou Yuelong, Xiao Guodong, Zhao Xintong, Li Hang, Mei Xiwen, Zhang Anda, Zhang Jiankang, Chang Bingyu, Chen Zifan, Xu Si, Bai Langning and Lei Pefan. The others will play apart from possibly Yuan Sijun, who is awaiting a VISA.

from two posts from different poster:
                            Chinese players who will play in World Championship: Ding Junhui, Yan Bingtao, Lu Haotian, Liang Wenbo, Lu Ning, Tian Pengfei, Luo Honghao, Fan Zhengyi, Si Jiahui, Chen Feilong. Yuan Sijun pending visa.

Zhou Yuelong, Xiao Guodong, Zhao Xintong, Li Hang, Mei Xiwen, Zhang Anda, Zhang Jiankang, Chang Bingyu, Chen Zifan, Xu Si, Bai Langning, Lei Peifan have withdrawn.
                            Last edited by DeanH; 28 June 2020, 01:20 PM.

Comment

ot but what do you think of jimmy white at the end of the 20 21 season , do you think he should gracefully retire as someone who will be approaching 60 or should barry hearn give him a third straight invitational card , white can say ‘ snooker is his life ‘ all he wants but i think two invitational cards is enough and if it is his life then maybe he should respect the game’s integrity too , and if the argument for him is ‘ well he brings crowds to the guild hall and other qualifying venues ‘ world snooker don’t even charge admission for these events and i think he himself should show some decorum to the passing of time and accept life as a broadcaster .

Comment

a reply - here is a list of players supposedly not travelling, but no confirmation of where the names come from:
                                Zhou Yuelong, Xiao Guodong, Zhao Xintong, Li Hang, Mei Xiwen, Zhang Anda, Zhang Jiankang, Chang Bingyu, Chen Zifan, Xu Si, Bai Langning and Lei Pefan. The others will play apart from possibly Yuan Sijun, who is awaiting a VISA.

from two posts from different poster:
                                Chinese players who will play in World Championship: Ding Junhui, Yan Bingtao, Lu Haotian, Liang Wenbo, Lu Ning, Tian Pengfei, Luo Honghao, Fan Zhengyi, Si Jiahui, Chen Feilong. Yuan Sijun pending visa.

Zhou Yuelong, Xiao Guodong, Zhao Xintong, Li Hang, Mei Xiwen, Zhang Anda, Zhang Jiankang, Chang Bingyu, Chen Zifan, Xu Si, Bai Langning, Lei Peifan have withdrawn.
                                Thanks for that Dean looks like they could be a few top up players if they have withdrawn. We will see what happens when the qualifying draw is made. Not sure when. The draw will take place or where.

Comment

Working...
                                X