Stuart Bingham (14) / Qualifier

Ding Junhui (11) / Qualifier

Ronnie O’Sullivan (6) / Qualifier

————————————

Mark Selby (7) / Qualifier

Shaun Murphy (10) / Qualifier

Barry Hawkins (15) / Qualifier

Neil Robertson (2) / Qualifier

Bottom 1/4 looks very tasty! Top half is there for Trump to go through tbh.

https://wpbsa.com/the-crucible-seedi...est-standings/

A couple of players are ranked some way off their actual ability, so this has not come out as balanced as I would have liked. :smile:

Trump has a pretty reasonable draw, but Maguire and Wilson both have pretty good records against him. Wilson has made at least the QF of the WC for four years in a row now, while Maguire is playing better than he has for something like 12 years.

The players in the second quarter are the real winners of the draw it seems. None of them have won a tournament this season, so it's open for anyone who can find a bit of form. Higgins again?

And then the bottom half is just nasty... The UK and the Masters champion in the same quarter, and they are actually the two lower seeds here, with O'Sullivan thrown in for good measure. Harsh on everyone involved. :smile:

Finally, the bottom quarter is just as tough, if not more so. The players have won eight events between them this season, and Robertson in particular stands out as one of the in-form players before the break. The other three are all underrated as far as their seeding is concerned, and all strong in the long format, so this could be good stuff. :smile:

Comment

Was about to post this:

1st quarter: If Maguire keeps the standard he has shown in the Tour and the UK Championship he actually has a chance to beat Trump here. And Kyren also lifts his game at the Crucible.

2nd quarter: Easily the weakest. Maybe we will even have a qualifier come through there? I think Higgins is on a steady decline since 2017/18, but he could still have one more deep run in him. Can Gilbert show that last year was no fluke? I actually think Mark Allen has a pretty good chance here, but inconsistency is his weakness. It won't be Lisowski.

3rd quarter: I think Williams will go out early. Can Ding find the confidence to beat Ronnie again? Bingham has it probably, but will he have the game again?

4th quarter: Looking forward to Selby-Murphy and Robertson-Hawkins if they happen. Robbo seems the favourite for me based on this season.

Comment

Working...
      X