Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Carter is - er was - in this tournament, lost to Perry Yesterday
    Yes, I know. I was just trying to say that Carter was my best guess among everyone taking part. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
      ...who's the third guy in that logo they show in between frames btw?

coral-world-grand-prix-snooker-811119850-300x300.jpg
      This is going to bug me. Who is it indeed!? I think the artist's talent leaves a little to be desired. O'Sullivan looks about 65.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

...if it's Ali, they surgically installed someone else's jaws and chin in his ever so grumpy little face.

Seriously, who makes these logos?
        "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
          ...if it's Ali, they surgically installed someone else's jaws and chin in his ever so grumpy little face.

Seriously, who makes these logos?
          It looks like a badly drawn O'Sullivan, but then there'd be two.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Does anyone else get pissed off at the bloke who is chattering away about the potted histories of each player, who they best or lost? Also he keeps telling us the scores on the other table which kinda spoils watching the match later when you know the score.
            He says nothing that adds to viewing pleasure.
            Hendry, McManus and the other players who commentate only talk about the match we are watching and tell us stuff we might not know about.

Comment

Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
              Does anyone else get pissed off at the bloke who is chattering away about the potted histories of each player, who they best or lost? Also he keeps telling us the scores on the other table which kinda spoils watching the match later when you know the score.
              He says nothing that adds to viewing pleasure.
              That would be Mr Philip Yates. Wait till he starts with his puns if you think this is bad.

Comment

Watching Wenbo makes my neck ache.

Comment

Yeah, I love an alternative option whenever Yates is commentating, but unfortunately Eurosport has one of their less frequent commentators tonight and he is somewhat difficult to listen to. :smile:

Comment

It's been my opinion for a while now that the re-rack happens too often, and I think I've just seen the worst example. It was an absolutely fascinating tussle with only 8-9 reds left on the table, but O'Sullivan eventually (and very visibly) grew bored of the situation. This was sensed by Wenbo and he offered the re-rack which O'Sullivan happily accepted.

It just seems these days that as soon as reds fall into un-potable positions, the players want a re-rack. The game's called snooker, not potting.
                    Last edited by Billy; 5 February 2020, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken, looking at the rankings, if Gary Wilson beats Matthew Stevens tonight then ROS will need to make the final to qualify for the next series. If Stevens beats Wilson, then ROS will only need to make the semi final. I think.

It seems to be a shootout between ROS and Wilson for the #16th spot which is currently Zhao Yuelong, who is out. Wilson is 11k ahead as of R2. Just something to keep an eye on.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                        Yeah, I love an alternative option whenever Yates is commentating, but unfortunately Eurosport has one of their less frequent commentators tonight and he is somewhat difficult to listen to. :smile:
                        I've seen many of the players give Yates' commentary all kinds of abuse on twitter.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                          I've seen many of the players give Yates' commentary all kinds of abuse on twitter.
                          I can definitely understand that. I'm sure he is a nice guy and he seems fairly knowledgeable about snooker as well, but he just doesn't have any talent for commentating. His tone of voice is obnoxious, and he speaks almost entirely in platitudes.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

I can definitely understand that..
                            Yeah, it's fine until it gets personal, and unfortunately social media is a cancerous cesspit.

And no, I'm not speaking from bitter experience

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post

I've heard enough of Yates, Stud & Hendon to realise that the players with them don't have any conversation or debate with them. It's as if it's a kinda 'not suffer fools gladly' mentality and they love working with other players but on non BBC channels they are seen as if they are only in it for the money.
                              BBC only have players or former players doing commentary IIRC

Comment

I struggle to watch a match when Phil Yates is commentating. When a player is on a break I prefer the commentary to be about the shot analysis and kept to a minimum so I can become absorbed by the break but he talks too much about anything except what is happening on the table. The way he delivers those obscure facts sounds contrived and his voice isn't very easy on the ear. I don't care how many yellows a player has potted this season.
                                www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Working...
                                X