World Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...you have strange beliefs

Apart from that Neil is playing phenomenally well.
    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
      I remember an interview with Dott where he mentions about going to a players dinner or awards night or whatever and different players were given expensive gifts. John Higgins got a bar of gold or something and Dott got a highlight DVD of him winning the tournament previously. I thought it summed up his treatment quite well.
      Even the tone in the commentators' voice is different. When Dott drops a difficult pot it's "Yes. That was a great pot there from Graeme." When Robertson and the like play the same shot it's "Oooh, what a fantastic pot! This is why he's so feared as a player..."
      Last edited by Billy; 9 February 2020, 09:11 PM.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• When Robertson scores like this I usually wonder why he's 'only' won 1 WC and 1 Masters compared to Selby who has 3 of each. Perhaps I'm just underestimating just how great Selby has been though?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
          When Robertson scores like this I usually wonder why he's 'only' won 1 WC and 1 Masters compared to Selby who has 3 of each. Perhaps I'm just underestimating just how great Selby has been though?
          Robertson tends to be an overthinker when he's not playing at his best. That did cost him a lot up to now.
          "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• No one's had a pot to go at for at least three visits each now. Is it not time for a re-rack?
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• ...that table right now is looking like my tables usually look at the club
              "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• This is cracking stuff!!

Comment

• Wow. I wonder how Neil is feeling right now...
                  "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Great frame of snooker, but unless the graphics were wrong, Leo Scullion called a miss against Robertson when he was 25 points ahead on the green. Dott had the balls replaced as well, so that was a bit harsh there...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                      Great frame of snooker, but unless the graphics were wrong, Leo Scullion called a miss against Robertson when he was 25 points ahead on the green. Dott had the balls replaced as well, so that was a bit harsh there...
                      Yup. I'm always unsure about the rule in that situtation, though...
                      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Good finish to the match this! C’mon Graham!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                          Great frame of snooker, but unless the graphics were wrong, Leo Scullion called a miss against Robertson when he was 25 points ahead on the green. Dott had the balls replaced as well, so that was a bit harsh there...
                          Oh, so that's what they were talking about. The ref looked at Graeme after he'd called for them to be replaced and said something I couldn't hear, Graeme nodded his head, and then the ref turned to Neil and said something about snookers. Neil never questioned the replacement, though?

Comment

• This is how I like my finals...
                            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Good final in the end. The 2nd to last frame was great!

18th ranking title for Robertson now, 6th in the all time list. Mark Williams' place in the top 5 (22 titles) is looking shaky!

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                                Yup. I'm always unsure about the rule in that situtation, though...
                                Yeah, I was too, because it keeps changing. :smile: It seems the latest revision has again removed the paragraph that said the miss isn't called if the scores are equal before or after the shot. So everything was called correctly tonight. My bad, I should make a better effort of keeping up with the rule changes. :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X