BetVictor European Masters 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    very cool match play from Robertson after being 3-1 down to Akani. He got a fair bit of luck but thats snooker! Akani, to me looked like he was looking for the negatives towards the end, whereas Neil, looked very positive in adversity. He has become a more complete player these days.
    I agree, I’ve only just watched the match after the interval and it seems like it came at the right time for Robertson.
    Akani lost his composure towards the end and had his chances . It was a good match though and one Robertson will be relieved he got through .

Comment

I think there have been some signs that Mark Williams could be a threat again this season. I'd love to see him pick up another major.

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

I’ve never seen him play before but I’ve been impressed. He looks as cool as a cucumber. I normally prefer to watch faster players but I’ll let that go as he is a leftie like myself
      His backstory is interesting. I believe he is self-taught from youtube videos?
      As someone above me said, he had quite a famous match with ROS in the 2017 UK. He should have knocked him out but committed an extremely unfortunate foul (potted the blue I believe?) when clearing up the colours to win the match. It's worth a youtube look;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1zD...ysnookerlounge

Skip to 3:20 if you want to see the shot in question. The whole video is only 7 mins long.
      Last edited by Ronnie's tip; 21 September 2020, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
        I think there have been some signs that Mark Williams could be a threat again this season. I'd love to see him pick up another major.

His backstory is interesting. I believe he is self-taught from youtube videos?
        As someone above me said, he had quite a famous match with ROS in the 2017 UK. He should have knocked him out but committed an extremely unfortunate foul (potted the blue I believe?) when clearing up the colours to win the match. It's worth a youtube look;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1zD...ysnookerlounge

Skip to 3:20 if you want to see the shot in question. The whole video is only 7 mins long.
        Thanks for that , he was unlucky considering how hard it is to stick one down the rail on those tables .

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          my pc screen at the mo
          May I have the link please?

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

I agree, I’ve only just watched the match after the interval and it seems like it came at the right time for Robertson.
            Akani lost his composure towards the end and had his chances . It was a good match though and one Robertson will be relieved he got through .
            Link to his match in 2017 with Ron, its in "quick time" (or whatever they call it - only one on there tho) A great match - but there is a pattern emerging for Akani i fear, its a shame as he practices so hard. His positional play in two frames where he failed to get on reds down the rail well, put the pressure on him and caused the misses.

I think a lot of people would have liked to see him do well.

https://youtu.be/D7_DYMQwzlc
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Link to his match in 2017 with Ron, its in "quick time" (or whatever they call it - only one on there tho) A great match - but there is a pattern emerging for Akani i fear, its a shame as he practices so hard. His positional play in two frames where he failed to get on reds down the rail well, put the pressure on him and caused the misses.

I think a lot of people would have liked to see him do well.

https://youtu.be/D7_DYMQwzlc
              Thanks for that CC .

Your right , a couple of loose positional shots cost him especially the one down the left rail which would have been bread and butter for a leftie. At that level the margins are so tight aren't they !.

Looking at his previous results Akani has pulled out some notable wins in his career against some very good opponents .

Comment

Hasn't Gilbert's match started yet?

Looks like he got a walkover. Was it a last minute decision? 4 walkover's so far.
                Last edited by fkhan; 22 September 2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Sad, hope they get well soon.

https://wst.tv/two-players-test-posi...opean-masters/

Comment

Oh dear. Positive tests for C-19.

Comment

Could someone explain, Neil Robertson is the 2020 European masters champion yet there is a current comp going on at the mo, will there be two 2020 champions?
                      Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
                        Could someone explain, Neil Robertson is the 2020 European masters champion yet there is a current comp going on at the mo, will there be two 2020 champions?
                        Yep
                        has happened many times over the years, usually with National Amateur comps
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                          Oh dear. Positive tests for C-19.
                          Anthony Hamilton could do without hearing this GWS

Comment

Wonder if Ronnie will play now, he was to play Wells who is one of the confirmed cases. That will probably freak him out a bit..
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post

Anthony Hamilton could do without hearing this GWS
                              Hopefully as Anthony was inside the venue he should have been “safe”. Wilson and Wells tested positive before being allowed to enter the tournament. Think this demonstrates that the systems and procedures put in place to protect the players work.
                              Last edited by Nifty50; 22 September 2020, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Wonder if Ronnie will play now, he was to play Wells who is one of the confirmed cases. That will probably freak him out a bit..
                                Gets a walkover.

Comment

Working...
                                X