2021 Gibraltar Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    Sorry trains, probably my fault but I'm having a little difficulty joining the dots of some of your points here.

Again, I'm not sure of your point here. I don't remember the conversation or whether I watched every frame, possibly not, it was a pretty tumultuous time for me that year and 30+ years ago, I clearly don't have as good a memory as you.

I wish we were having this chat face to face over a pint, think it might make a bit more sense to me.

-
    so if Williams didn't think o Sullivan was the goat would he have finished the job and beaten o Sullivan , or if lisowski didn't think he had to stay on his a game or whatever he said about playing trump would he have beaten trump , I get that trump isn't conciliatory in defeat and I couldn't really care about what he says or does off the table and to boot he has exclusive access to the best practise facilities as well which puts me off anyone , he doesn't do anything for me at all but his record speaks for itself , just because lisowski's in the top 16 it doesn't mean he should be beating someone fifth on the all time list and climbing , Marco fu was in the top 16 for years and he won fa .

which timeframe would you have preferred to choose , one with o Sullivan in the 90's when he never won a world championship and wasn't as stable . why would it have been advantageous in favour of Trump for me to pick o Sullivan between 2011 and 2020 when he was much more consistent , that's being picky ? o Sullivan lost to cliff Wilson at the uk in 92 and got thrashed by your Merseysider parrott at the crucible in 93 , so how is avoiding that being picky in favour of trump ? and how can you have a head to head between Trump from 2005 and o Sullivan in the 90's ? I don't care about o Sullivan either I was only citing him because Williams called him the goat there and apparently never beat him in Sheffield , acknowledging you lost to a better player or saying you have to be at your best to win is just a player being honest , would you prefer players beaten by o Sullivan and Trump to be false instead , I understand your criticism of o Sullivan and Trump for being bad losers but they're not better than williams and lisowski respectively for being bad losers they're better than them because they're simply better players .
    i hope this is all clear enough

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
      I understand your criticism of o Sullivan and Trump for being bad losers but they're not better than williams and lisowski respectively for being bad losers they're better than them because they're simply better players .
      i hope this is all clear enough
      I think you're oversimplifying here.

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
      What a cracking final that was and what a result! I thought Ronnie was going to storm ahead after winning 3 in a row to go 6 - 5 up, but Jordan showed remarkable tenacity, what a temperament he has, the way he held his nerve in the deciding frame, looked so cool throughout.]And huge respect to Ronnie for his post match comments, I'm sure he was gutted inside, but he had nothing but praise for Jordan, very classy response indeed. Judd, please take note.
      -
      And this isn't the first time I've praised Ronnie for his graciousness in defeat.
      No matter.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

I’ll maybe take you up on having a pint some day , i’ve never given the great city of Liverpool a proper look , long overdue , and ta for the update about the forum , cheers .

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
          I’ll maybe take you up on having a pint some day , i’ve never given the great city of Liverpool a proper look , long overdue , and ta for the update about the forum , cheers .
          I look forward to that. I'm well overdue a trip to the smoke, got some friends there from when I was working in Kentish Town, so maybe that's an option as well. Maybe have a few games of pool, so I could watch some trainspotting

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
          X