World snooker Championship qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    That’s correct ,the big bank of lights give the table an extra zip on the cushions .Selby and O’Sullivan both said last year it’s impossible to replicate tournament conditions on club or home tables as the cloth is changed every 3 days ,this is what’s wrong with the game ,Ronnie said he can’t be arsed to practice much as getting to the match table is nothing like what you have been playing on in practice .The old no 10 cloth used to be 35 ounce and lasted until the final ,or semi final ,no heaters then Either .,a thicker cloth and keep the heaters would be a start for some normality and consistency ,seeing the back of those Star tables would be even better .
    These conditions evolved to suit the Aramith phenolic resin balls, they don't work on more heavily napped cloths. A lot of the problems with the modern game stem from Saluc's takeover of all the major billiard ball manufacturers to get themselves a monopoly.
    All the major cue sports need to get together and put out to tender a search for a better composite material to make billiard balls from, one that doesn't make the game a bad contact lottery.
    Back in the day bad contacts and kicks were rare, those of you who didn't go through the change of balls simply don't know. Aramith balls play differently, contacts are prolonged because the surface of the balls are rougher, they pick up chalk more easily for that reason, hold surface moisture from the atmosphere for that reason, have more resistance to the nap for that reason.

Pockets need to be a tad smaller as well, a ball shouldn't pot that touches the cushion before the pocket jaw, almost every ton I see on tv contains two or three pots that woudn't pot on our clubs match table This will give more emphasis to safety play, and btw, one doesn't have to be a slow coach to play good safety. Those slow players are deliberately slow simply to bore the concentration out of their opponent, you can bet they aren't that slow in practise.

And lose the legacy of the after dinner brandy and cigars aristocratic country house billiards room dress code, it's a working class game, and has been for a long time. Current fashions should be allowed, arse cracks being the exception It was very strange to watch Reanne Evans dressed like an 18th century butler, no wonder very few females take an interest, they like to look good and should be allowed to.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

And lose the legacy of the after dinner brandy and cigars aristocratic country house billiards room dress code, it's a working class game, and has been for a long time. Current fashions should be allowed, arse cracks being the exception It was very strange to watch Reanne Evans dressed like an 18th century butler, no wonder very few females take an interest, they like to look good and should be allowed to.
      Yeh agree, there probably needs to be some code for dress but let the cool players show their styles and personalities. Clothing meant everything to me when I was younger, it made a statement about who you were and what kind of music you like etc. I'd like to see more personalities and styles instead of a pack of factory robots following the manual.....
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Back to the qualifiers.......take a bow Mark Davis .....7-2 down and wins 10-8 against Jamie Clarke . Very pleased for Mark , lovely chap .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Like the comment from Matt Selt .....' I want to draw John Higgins , would be great to play one of my heroes ' .......He's up for the TV stages , great attitude ....not afraid of his opponent .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
            Like the comment from Matt Selt .....' I want to draw John Higgins , would be great to play one of my heroes ' .......He's up for the TV stages , great attitude ....not afraid of his opponent .
            I like Selt, you could see he’s got the right attitude when he played Hendry . Instead of shrinking away with all the media hype surrounding Hendrys comeback he done the opposite and faced the challenge head on and upped his game.

Comment

• Looking forward to Carter v Ursenbacher match today. He’s a bit hot and cold but I like that way Ursenbacher plays and I hope he get through this one .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                Like the comment from Matt Selt .....' I want to draw John Higgins , would be great to play one of my heroes ' .......He's up for the TV stages , great attitude ....not afraid of his opponent .
                Yeah good luck to him. As you say great attitude. Scott Donaldson was poor in fact poor season all round. From challenging for top 16 spot to outside of top 32. Needs to tighten up his safety play for next season. Must have lost 5 frames against Selt when it came down to the battle over the colours.

Comment

• Just asked who is the oldest debuant to play at the world Championships. if they include the first one in1977 it as to be Fred Davis, but no it sure if that one is included
                  Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• Well done Matt Selt, Looked in total control, good after match interview as well, hope he does well.
                    Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
                      Just asked who is the oldest debuant to play at the world Championships. if they include the first one in1977 it as to be Fred Davis, but no it sure if that one is included
                      I would say that everyone was a debutant at the Crucible in 77 as it was the first time there
                      But I would say Fred Davis was NOT a debutant then, that was in 1937.

I do not know who was the oldest debutant at the World Championship; whether only Crucible years or since 1927.
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Disappointingly early end to the streamed matches, all done by 7.30.

Does anyone have a working link to live scores for the remaining matches? I've tried WS but it just freezes.

Found one here, frame score only but better than nout. Thanks WS, top notch as usual

https://www.flashscore.co.uk/snooker/

-
                        Last edited by PatBlock; 14 April 2021, 07:27 PM.
                        The fast and the furious,
                        The slow and labourious,
                        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Sounds great! I defo need to make one of these, do you have any pics I could see? Cleaning them all is a proper ball ache at times! So much so I sometimes don’t even bother with the reds, just the white, pink & black.
                          i will try and get a video or pic or two up Steve ,there’s a few on YouTube that have done it ,I got the idea of them .Ball cleaners to buy are nearly 400 quid ,that’s a joke ,you do it for under 50 quid .

Comment

• So that's it then, players through:

Highfield
                            Selt
                            Maflin
                            Haotian
                            Pengfei
                            Jones
                            Wenbo
                            Davis
                            Joyce
                            Walden
                            Gould
                            Wilson
                            Carter
                            Craigie
                            Wakelin
                            Bingham

None of my hopeful outsiders made it but it's an interesting line up. Lets see what the draw thrown up tomorrow.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Tepchaiy un - noo Playing Bruce Lee in a movie ,or a Bond bad guy .
                              Zhou Yoelong A waiter on a cruise ship with that red waistcoat he always wears

Comment

• Tepchaiy un - noo Playing Bruce Lee in a movie ,or a Bond bad guy .
                                Zhou Yoelong A waiter on a cruise ship with that red waistcoat he always wears

Comment

Working...
                                X