No announcement yet.

World snooker Championship qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i wonder has iulian boiko ever tried high jumping before , he's got the perfect build for it , good start against last years surprise player jamie clarke .

Comment

• C’mon Jamie!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
        C’mon Jamie!!
        haha i'm not going down that path again he more than proved enough last year !

Comment

C’mon Jamie!!
          just out of curiosity did you get any feedback about hiring your table for private use

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post

just out of curiosity did you get any feedback about hiring your table for private use
            I did have a couple of people interested, still not sure if it’s something I want to do, not sure the maintenance costs would be worth it, so still thinking about that... I had thought instead about trying to make it available maybe for any local aspiring youth players who wanted some private table time on something ‘similar’ to a tour table. It would be great to think maybe I helped the Ronnie’s of the future.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
              Maybe pride comes into it after being in the game so long , and knowing how you were able to perform in previous years . So this adds to the pressure .
              I think this is a big factor Neil. With age and the decline in your level comes self doubt in your ability to perform. It’s then that you start to look to tinker your game to try to find the answer when most of the issue is in your head. I even heard Ronnie say he has doubt now when going for long shots about what he will leave if he misses. You just don’t think like that when your younger .
              Hendry has been coached the Sight Right way recently and watching him last night he seems to have lost that fluidity and natural way about him he had previously . He is trying to change his game to bring back past form when for me he looked much better on the few occasions last night when he just got down and played the shot like he used to .

I hope he goes on and improves and we see some of the old Hendry way of playing again in his next match.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

I listened to Hearn in a podcast the other day and he said that while Jimmy still wants to play he will get a card so the the answer is yes.
                For his sheer enthusiasm and determination to still play I feel he must get a tour card but then he is taking an eligible persons spot.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

He’s number 6 on the one year list. With top 8 qualifying his automatic place is hanging by a thread. After that it will be at discretion of Mr Hearn.
                  May I know where to check this? I think the one year list has Jack on the 6th spot. Am I missing something?

https://livescores.worldsnookerdata....erofMeritId=20

Comment

I did have a couple of people interested, still not sure if it’s something I want to do, not sure the maintenance costs would be worth it, so still thinking about that... I had thought instead about trying to make it available maybe for any local aspiring youth players who wanted some private table time on something ‘similar’ to a tour table. It would be great to think maybe I helped the Ronnie’s of the future.
                    yes thats something that should be worked on over the country i think , good idea to instill familiarity with elite level tables for youngsters and all aspiring players too , there isn't anything special about these young chinese players they're just more familiar with pro level tables , simple as that really .

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

May I know where to check this? I think the one year list has Jack on the 6th spot. Am I missing something?

https://livescores.worldsnookerdata....erofMeritId=20
                      Tried to do a link but it didn't work. Go to snooker.org and select the "Provisional Season Points". The top 8 highlighted in yellow get a 2 year card.

Comment

Great idea Steve and I’m sure it would be appreciated.

Comment

• Had anyone who qualified ever won the Championship, or got close. It's a huge journey even to get to the Crucible for the lower ranked players.
                          Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
                            If you think last nights hendry vs white match was poor then consider all the practice time and experience they have then compare that to lay members of the public who don’t have access or experience of those facilities and yet are somehow meant to be competitive at the q school , the game needs opening up with an entrance fee for all newcomers , let them learn on the job as there isn’t sufficient facilities outside of the wst i don’t think .
                            I like this idea of opening up the game again .

And a belated well done to Fraser Patrick .
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
                              Had anyone who qualified ever won the Championship, or got close. It's a huge journey even to get to the Crucible for the lower ranked players.
                              Memory is fading but didn't Shaun Murphy have to qualify the year that he won it ?
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• what an effort by iulian boiko i take back what i said about him not being good enough , not a reach to say he'll be a top player one day , congrats also to jamie clarke , a lot of other players would have lost , jamie o neill next for him .

Comment

Working...
                                X