World snooker Championship qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World snooker Championship qualifiers

Bloody nora, Stephen Hendry has a battle on, Hope he's up for it would love to see him back at Crucible.

World Snooker Championship Qualifiers Format
    • Players seeded 81-144 contest the opening round.
    • In round two, those 32 winners will face players seeded 49-80.
    • In round three, those 32 winners will face players seeded 17-48.
    • In round four, those 32 winners play each other, with the 16 winners going through to the Crucible.
    Full article here:

https://snookerhq.com/2021/03/12/wor...ifiers-update/

Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

I do prefer the shorter format for the opening rounds. It's a rough deal for those just outside the top 16 having to go through 2 rounds. Stephen Hendry would need to win 28 frames in this format, but would have been 30 in the previous system, so his chances shouldn't really be affected (0% vs 0%)

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
      I do prefer the shorter format for the opening rounds. It's a rough deal for those just outside the top 16 having to go through 2 rounds. Stephen Hendry would need to win 28 frames in this format, but would have been 30 in the previous system, so his chances shouldn't really be affected (0% vs 0%)
      Bloody hell, Hendry will feel its like running the Grand National just to qualify , wonder how far he will go into it , not a lot in all probability . 16 amateurs offered a chance to compete .
      • Connor Benzey (Eng)
      • Dylan Emery (Wal)
      • Reanne Evans (Eng)
      • Ivan Kakovskii (Rus)
      • Rebecca Kenna (Eng)
      • Antoni Kowalski (Pol)
      • Mark Lloyd (Eng)
      • Robbie McGuigan (Nir)
      • Ben Mertens (Bel)
      • Ross Muir (Sco)
      • Florian Nuessle (Aut)
      • Brian Ochoiski (Fra)
      • Fergal Quinn (Nir)
      • Hayden Staniland (Eng)
      • Wu Yize (Chn)
      • Dean Young (Sco)

Comment

I hope this restricted pandemic system is only temporary and once this is ( finally ) over they go back to the previous system of 17 vs 144 over three rounds and best of 19’s throughout .

I remember ebdon and dott whining a few years ago about having to play three rounds after they switched from the older tiered system , who cares who’s watching you anyway , the last time i looked you’re experienced players and would be favourite’s anyway , if you don’t like it go and work on a north sea oil rig instead .

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
          Bloody nora, Stephen Hendry has a battle on, Hope he's up for it would love to see him back at Crucible.
          I'm amazed he's put himself up for it tbh, but not as amazed as I'll be if he actually makes it to The Crucible. If he were to win the whole thing, I'd probably explode with amazement.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Wonder how they decided on the 16 amateurs to get an invite. Maybe based on last available amateur rankings. Hasn’t been any amateur tournaments for ages cos of COVID. Doubt if many of them are getting in much practice with the clubs being closed.

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

I'm amazed he's put himself up for it tbh, but not as amazed as I'll be if he actually makes it to The Crucible. If he were to win the whole thing, I'd probably explode with amazement.

-
              Agree Pat, Personally If he gets through qualifiers I would treat that as an enormous victory in itself and just play at the crucible for laughs

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                Wonder how they decided on the 16 amateurs to get an invite. Maybe based on last available amateur rankings. Hasn’t been any amateur tournaments for ages cos of COVID. Doubt if many of them are getting in much practice with the clubs being closed.
                "They will be joined by 16 elite amateur players selected by the WPBSA, based on their performances at recognized international competitions held this season "

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post

"They will be joined by 16 elite amateur players selected by the WPBSA, based on their performances at recognized international competitions held this season "
                  well assuming the pandemic played no part they should have included more Chinese , and it wouldn't surprise me if they excluded michael white because they thought he was too good and can regain his place without this .

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post

Few of them played in the shoot-out ranking tournament.

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post

World Snooker Championship Qualifiers Format
                      • Players seeded 81-144 contest the opening round.
                      • In round two, those 32 winners will face players seeded 49-80.
                      • In round three, those 32 winners will face players seeded 17-48.
                      • In round four, those 32 winners play each other, with the 16 winners going through to the Crucible.
                      Full article here:

https://snookerhq.com/2021/03/12/wor...ifiers-update/
                      Does anybody know if Mei Xiwen, Marco Fu Alex Borg and Amine Amiri have entered the world qualifiers this year, or of any other drop outs. If so I suppose world Snooker will go by the Q School order of merit from 2020 to fill the places .
                      Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Wow, Jimmy White V Stephen Hendry in round one.

Comment

This is gonna be so cool... hope I gonna be able to watch this anywhere
                          "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Classic. Let the games begin Where's the draw Nifty on WST?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post

Does anybody know if Mei Xiwen, Marco Fu Alex Borg and Amine Amiri have entered the world qualifiers this year, or of any other drop outs. If so I suppose world Snooker will go by the Q School order of merit from 2020 to fill the places .

So mifsud ( as expected ) , fu xiwen and the invitees wu yize and antoni kowalski withdrew and inserted are michael white paul davison leo fernandez hamim hussain and julien leclercq , i’m guessing players higher on the q school order of merit turned down the place before hussain and i don’t know where they got leclercq from .

Comment

Working...
                              X