World snooker Championship qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Nice one Trains. I had wee lad from my club Dean Young to lose 6-2 at 18/5. Hated betting against the lad but just couldn’t see him doing much. Hope he doesn’t find out lol. Will have a look at the Hendry odds today to see if anything takes my fancy. Don’t usually bet the qualifiers but with lockdown etc it gives me something to do.
    most of the seven were heavy odds on so it didn't pay much back though , there's some players i avoid now , thought they were good but there always seems to be a mistake in them , for today's oliver lines looks decent at 13/8 vs dom dale and fan zhengyi at 3/1 against highfield , lee walker again today 6/4 vs bond , decent , they can't seperate hendry and xu si , i'd probably give that a miss though if i did slightly favour the chinese .

Comment

• Thanks for replies lads, thats some acheivement to go through qualifiers and to Win it. A Higgins, Shaun Murphy and Terry Griffiths That takes a whole lot more to do than the top 32
      Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• Not looking good for Hendry here...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
          Not looking good for Hendry here...
          Xu looked very nervous first frame but is bossing it now.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
            Not looking good for Hendry here...
            No, it's not. There was an interview with him after the Jimmy White match, and I think his expectations are pretty low, seemed to be looking to next year's qualification already. Think we'll see him entering a lot more next season.

Comment

• Reality check for Hendry tonight , Xu Si ( 82nd in rankings) is disassembling him frame by frame , looks like 6-1 as things stand

Comment

• Originally Posted by balkend View Post
                Reality check for Hendry tonight , Xu Si ( 82nd in rankings) is disassembling him frame by frame , looks like 6-1 as things stand
                I don’t think it’s a reality check for Hendry as judging by his interviews he already knew he was going to struggle in his matches this season .
                Let’s hope he plays more matches next year and at least gives himself the best chance of finding his form.

Comment

• Good win for Dominic Dale.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Good win for Dominic Dale.
                    He played well didn't he, nice ton to finish. Scott Donaldson for him next, could be tough.

I really enjoyed watching Mertens V Peifan this afternoon, 16 and 17 years old respectively, but they played some good snooker. I felt a bit for Mertens losing from 5 - 1 up but he struggled once he saw the finish line, very watchable match though.

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by balkend View Post
                      Reality check for Hendry tonight , Xu Si ( 82nd in rankings) is disassembling him frame by frame , looks like 6-1 as things stand
                      I think your right ,it’s a reality check for fir Hendry ,he’s not going to be much better next ,he was a great player years ago and one of the best ever to pick up a cue ,but he’s had his time just like Jimmy ,too many people looking through rose tinted glasses or watching matches from 1990 etc. ,that Hendry unfortunately we will never see again .Hopefully World snooker will stop handing out free tour cards like candy on Halloween ,I remember about 17 years ago The top women’s golfer was Anika Sorensen who was given a go at the men’s tour ,but playing off those tee’s she was out her depth and taking someone else’s place ,so it was quickly stopped .If Hearn thinks handing out freebies is the way to go to keep an interest in the game there is something seriously wrong with it .

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

He played well didn't he, nice ton to finish. Scott Donaldson for him next, could be tough.

I really enjoyed watching Mertens V Peifan this afternoon, 16 and 17 years old respectively, but they played some good snooker. I felt a bit for Mertens losing from 5 - 1 up but he struggled once he saw the finish line, very watchable match though.

-
                        yes i enjoyed the peifan mertens game too , the thing is though why is a player like mertens hiding for a year from last years q school , he should have been in events throughout this season and maybe that clumsy last safety shot would have been out of his system , the mertens and kenna's should be playing more to add interest , its like wst think every club has wst tables and everything will be fine and dandy til the next year , daft .

Comment

• Good result for Xu Si. Probably won’t win his next match against Zhou and like Jimmy will have to sweat it out to see if he retains his tour card. The ranking points are huge for this event and one win can rocket you up the rankings. Hard to forecast the final positions.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                            Good result for Xu Si. Probably won’t win his next match against Zhou and like Jimmy will have to sweat it out to see if he retains his tour card. The ranking points are huge for this event and one win can rocket you up the rankings. Hard to forecast the final positions.
                            a player as good as xu si having to sweat it out is a perfect reason to just open the tour up like what i mentioned earlier , a 128 system not only has potentially very good players excluded but with the exclusivity of pro conditions it also creates a bottleneck at the q school as who outside players with prior pro experience will have a chance of qualifying , the rod lawler's and alex borg's have been on the tour for years and are still very strong q school players because of their experience , inroads can only be made on their advantage by opening the tour up with an entrance fee i think .

Comment

• Jak Jones 4 - 1 down to the 17 year old Jamie Wilson, the youngster's really got JJ rattled, give his cue a right crack on the table after missing a long red, surprised he didn't damage it. Temper temper Jak.

Edit: He's at it again, what a dick. Funny, you'd think he was the kid, but Jamie's taking it all in his stride.

-
                              Last edited by PatBlock; 8 April 2021, 11:40 AM.
                              The fast and the furious,
                              The slow and labourious,
                              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                                Jak Jones 4 - 1 down to the 17 year old Jamie Wilson, the youngster's really got JJ rattled, give his cue a right crack on the table after missing a long red, surprised he didn't damage it. Temper temper Jak.

Edit: He's at it again, what a dick. Funny, you'd think he was the kid, but Jamie's taking it all in his stride.

-
                                jones just a bit too solid and experienced in the end , shame i suppose about fraser patrick but tbh so many of his frames go cat and mouse , not enough clean hits , and i haven't seen much of billy joe castle but i'm not sure why he's as generous as 9/2 , i'll watch some of his match now to see

Comment

Working...
                                X