2021 Tour Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

Will take something special to beat Ali Carter's pathetic interview after he lost to Gary Wilson at the Crucible in 2019.
    I remember that interview , think Carter lost 13 -9 , he was bitter and it was sickening to listen to the way he put Gary down . Did himself no favours that day saying Gary basically fluked the match. The whole interview was full of digs at Gary if I remember correctly.

Comment

They shouldn't interview players just after they have lost. They will be gutted, heartbroken if it's a big match and not thinking clearly. These players are being far more honest about how they feel, imo, than the ones that give the text book platitudes to their opponents. I found Ronnie interview after he lost to Brown, quite sickening, he clearly never told the truth by saying he had played well, when everyone could see he didn't and it was a pr interview with no real feeling behind it.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Ronnie praised Brown for winning and said he was a worthy winner and he played well himself ,that was straight after the match .Not sure what interview you saw .

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          They shouldn't interview players just after they have lost. They will be gutted, heartbroken if it's a big match and not thinking clearly. These players are being far more honest about how they feel, imo, than the ones that give the text book platitudes to their opponents. I found Ronnie interview after he lost to Brown, quite sickening, he clearly never told the truth by saying he had played well, when everyone could see he didn't and it was a pr interview with no real feeling behind it.
          I part agree with you about interviewing straight after but I guess the press want this type of reaction as it makes good news and the fact we are talking about it now proves this.
          I didn’t think Ronnie was doing a PR interview as I really don’t think he cares about that stuff . I also think he was genuine and Jordan Brown himself said the same thing on a podcast I listened to recently . He was really chuffed how his idol praised him after the game, it meant a lot to him that was obvious.

I guess people just interpret things in different ways based on their own feelings at the time and pre conceived opinions .

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            That's an interesting take itsnoteasy, I see where you're coming from, but must disagree. For me, the showing of respect from your opponent is part of the prize for winning. Whether you think they deserved the victory or not, you should be man enough to shake their hand and buy them a pint. These guys are pros, they're happy to take all the plaudits, praise and money when they win, so they should be prepared to show some respect for their opponent and the game when they get beaten, whether they mean it or not. Sometimes you have to just man up and swallow your pride. You certainly shouldn't frump around like a jilted schoolgirl.

But as they say, it's all about opinions.

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

I'd love Barry to win this match, but....

Just hoping it's not too one sided, either way.

-
              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Yeah, he can't even find his C game today, Robbo's lapping it up. Robertson really is due another world title, it's remarkable to me that he's only won one and that was over a decade ago.

-
                I agree Pat, when he is playing well he fantastic and can easily beat the top players. I’m wondering if that’s the problem , when he isn’t on it his B game isn’t good enough .

Comment

I'd love Barry to win this match, but....

Just hoping it's not too one sided, either way.

-
                  Well, right now it's pretty one sided... in favor of Barry

Two centuries in a row, Barry looking all around quite comfortable... makes yesterday's Ken Doherty even more hilarious as he prematurely asked Neil Robertson in his post match interview how he sees his chances against Ronnie on Sunday^^

https://youtu.be/0OH60Mvxu1Y?t=192

Pretty sure Ronnie will start firing soon, though. There might be a bit of nail biting tonight.
                  "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
                    I agree Pat, when he is playing well he fantastic and can easily beat the top players. I’m wondering if that’s the problem , when he isn’t on it his B game isn’t good enough .
                    Yes I think you're right, there's a touch of 'all or nothing' about his game isn't there. If he ends his career with just the one WC, I'd put that down as an underachievement. He has had some pretty tough opponents to compete against though. Apart from his win in 2010, he's made 2 SFs and 5 QFs in his 15 years at the Crucible, which isn't too bad I suppose.

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post

Well, right now it's pretty one sided... in favor of Barry

Two centuries in a row, Barry looking all around quite comfortable... makes yesterday's Ken Doherty even more hilarious as he prematurely asked Neil Robertson in his post match interview how he sees his chances against Ronnie on Sunday^^

Pretty sure Ronnie will start firing soon, though. There might be a bit of nail biting tonight.
                      That was funny wasn't it, no disrespect meant of course.

Yes, good start from Baz, but I'm not getting too excited just yet neuronic, even with a decent lead I worry about Barry's ability to get over the line, especially against Ronnie.

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

Yes I think you're right, there's a touch of 'all or nothing' about his game isn't there. If he ends his career with just the one WC, I'd put that down as an underachievement. He has had some pretty tough opponents to compete against though. Apart from his win in 2010, he's made 2 SFs and 5 QFs in his 15 years at the Crucible, which isn't too bad I suppose.

-
                        That’s right , I feel the same about Robertson . I think the Worlds really suit more consistent players due to the longer format and length of tournament . Might be the reason why Barry always seems to do well there , it suits his game .
                        As you say Robertson has done ok but should have at least got to another final given his talent.

Comment

Now, here's the firing... Barry kinda desperately wants to win the last frame of this sessions to draw level or otherwise Ronnie might just run away with this tonight, the notorious front runner he is (plus he usually plays better in evening sessions, so...).
                          "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Robbo's continuous problem with regard to the WC still is that the longer a match gets the higher chances are for him to fall into his dreaded overthinking mode... and there he always will fall short against the real grinders of the game, I'm afraid.
                            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                              Now, here's the firing... Barry kinda desperately wants to win the last frame of this sessions to draw level or otherwise Ronnie might just run away with this tonight, the notorious front runner he is (plus he usually plays better in evening sessions, so...).
                              Well he was gifted that one by Ronnie who was clearly 'disappointed' with his attempted pop. Just hoping Barry can hold his nerve tonight.

Has Ronnie bought himself a table or something? He no longer seems to be making the most of the free practice facilities which he seemed so keen on a few weeks ago.

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Well he was gifted that one by Ronnie who was clearly 'disappointed' with his attempted pop. Just ho[ing Barry canhold his nerve tonight.

Has Ronnie bought himself a table or something? He no longer seems to be making most of the free practice facilities which he seemed so keen on a few weeks ago.

-
                                Ronnie... bipolar... thingy. Now: beer and snooker. Cheers!
                                "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Working...
                                X