2021 Championship League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    That Rasson table looks like it’s playing very tight ,the middles look brutal and lots of shots missed down the cushions ,seen quite a bit of this since it’s been on over the last 8 days .Compared to the champion of champions last November where there were tons galore and balls dropping in all over ,even the players were saying it was a potting fest ,but that tournament does not come under WPBSA regs ,so doesn’t really matter too much .
    John Higgins had been playing today ,looks like he’s lost quite a bit of weight ,I must say I’ve quite enjoyed watching it ,been some dull stuff but some good frames too .
    Good to see everyone using all the same tackle and the rests in the proper place under the rails .
    I wonder if the lack of big breaks is more to do with it being the start of the season rather than the table? The commentary team do keep mentioning the table is rolling towards the green though, so maybe it’s not playing level?

Comment

Yes they said it’s a bit off ,can’t say I noticed anything too much ,apparently the table seems to be playing a bit looser this week than last week .Could be right on lack of match practice Steve ,lots of pots missed .Un Noo played well this evening to get a draw ,really do like watching him ,makes the game look stupidly easy when he’s on form ,unfortunately he’s always prone to missing a few .

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
        I have it on this stream Snooker Championship League - HesGoal.Com Sports News I think Tom Ford is on commentary with Phil Yates
        Mr Snooker, do you have another link?

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Mr Snooker, do you have another link?
          It's on free sports Nifty, you can get that on normal telly as far as I know.
          only one table though, no choice.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

It's on free sports Nifty, you can get that on normal telly as far as I know.
            only one table though, no choice.
            Thx but can’t seem to get that channel on my telly. Must be cos it’s 10 years old lol. Got Freeview on it but channel 64 missing. Tried to re-tune but still not there. Time I had a new telly anyway. They’re all “smart” TVs nowadays.
            Strangely that link Mr Snooker posted worked on my IPad for a while.

Comment

you can pay matchroom.live 99p for a day (24hr) and watch both tables
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Not very good starts to the season in their second years for maddocks boiko ajaib and hancorn , hill got a win against donaldson so not too bad for him , hopefully he beats jimmy white in the british open in a couple of weeks too.

Comment

Watching the Jones v Murphy game in the snooker position Jones found himself in, where foul and a miss was called, it's really hard to understand how the commentary team had a perfect above table picture of where the balls were, but the referee was not party to the same information.....

Ultimately did it make much difference.... No , but FFS come on those in charge if the commentary team has a perfect overhead that shows where the balls were against the replaced position why the hell haven't the refs?!?!?!?
                  βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Thats a very good point Cue Crafty , something needs changing

Comment

So just listening to the commentary then during the Hicks v Lilley match. He mentioned Lilley isn’t on the Tour? So how did he make it into this? I think there was a game yesterday which had an amateur player? Only won Β£250 in his snooker career

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                        So just listening to the commentary then during the Hicks v Lilley match. He mentioned Lilley isn’t on the Tour? So how did he make it into this? I think there was a game yesterday which had an amateur player? Only won Β£250 in his snooker career
                        Yep Michael Columnb, who I've never heard of either. Earned a grand yesterday so quadrupled his best earnings to date. Can we have a go!?!?
                        βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Yep Michael Columnb, who I've never heard of either. Earned a grand yesterday so quadrupled his best earnings to date. Can we have a go!?!?
                          Exactly what I was thinking CC! Judging by some of the performances I could even win a couple of frames.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Michael Is a Scots lad from Glasgow. Been on the Main Tour before but couldn’t do well enough to stay on. He’s another one of these amateurs who are very good but just on the fringe of making it into top 128. There’s loads of them around and they get an invite to the tournaments to make up the numbers if a few of the pros can’t make it.
                            PS. Just to add I think the invites go out to these amateurs based on their Q School Order of merit position. Sanderson Lam and Michael Georgiou were two more “top amateurs” to get an invite.
                            Last edited by Nifty50; 6 August 2021, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Exactly what I was thinking CC! Judging by some of the performances I could even win a couple of frames.
                              You’ve got a good table in its own designated snooker room why wouldnt you win frames and matches at q school level , certainly at least vs players who haven’t played on tour before , you never know you could be better than chris wakelin why not give it a go.

Comment

after doing two exhibitions at the weekend, Ronnie drops out of the CLS, his place goes to Mark Joyce.
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X