Northern Ireland Open Qualifiers 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

edit ,my bad , must have been another bet365 page showing bengaluru fc
    Last edited by trains; 24 August 2021, 05:07 PM.

Comment

just out of curiosity do you prefer two matches at a time like here or four at a time like with the british open last week ?

Comment

can amateurs qualify for a two year tour card from the one year list , cant think why not just seeking confirmation.
        michael white only 42 points vs luca brecel.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
          can amateurs qualify for a two year tour card from the one year list , cant think why not just seeking confirmation.
          michael white only 42 points vs luca brecel.
          Yes they can, depends on the season but in the past either 4 or 8 top players on the One Year List, who have not already earned a place on the tour from other criteria, will get a two-Year-Tour-Card.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Yes they can, depends on the season but in the past either 4 or 8 top players on the One Year List, who have not already earned a place on the tour from other criteria, will get a two-Year-Tour-Card.

Very few and far between though , including going back to the ptc order of merit i can’t remember any amateur qualifying via that route , it almost induces putting cameras in at the q school for that something different , can’t be a bad thing to try and make inroads on it seeming a bit less in-house.

Comment

only a half day of snooker today

the remaining L128 heldover to main event
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

' either 4 or 8 top players on the one year list ' , Dean and his tsf skills

will jimmy make it to belfast , go on my son , or umm

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                  Some good opening matches monday 23rd august ,

9 am scott donaldson vs lu ning

2 pm zhao xintong vs matthew stevens

7 pm ryan day vs danger steve’s mate igor figueiredo

7 pm dean young vs hammad miah

Only one round , last 128’s , best of 7’s ,

23 - 27 august 2021

http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=1156
                  Day and Ibore I’m the same match… I’ll put the replay on just before bed for a good nights sleep

Comment

A tour player told me day once said to him ‘ could you be any more slower ‘ when they were playing each other in a match , not a very nice thing to say so not much endeared to him either tbh.

Comment

Maybe it was Martin O’Donnell
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Nah it wasn’t o donnell , i remember practising one day on the first floor of the castle club in brighton and o donnell came in afterwards and was talking to someone on another table , just checked the date i think it was the friday andy murray lost to federer in the semi final of wimbledon 2015 , will go and play in that club again once i can be ar.sed but nah it wasn’t o donnell.

Comment

Xiao Guodong has put in an official complaint against Peter Lines after their qualifying match .
                          Alleged that Lines swore at Xiao and offered him outside ! Which was witnessed by the match referee and 3 other Tour Players.

Comment

Least he offered him outside rather than just planting him ,keeps the game nice and dignified

Comment

Could have been some exuberance thing after his son had a good win vs joe perry the day before so he wanted to repeat , i think guodong works as a commentator as well so he would probably be a bit more likely to paint the scene than others.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                                Least he offered him outside rather than just planting him ,keeps the game nice and dignified
                                Apparently a Security Guard stepped in to prevent any further issues .

Will be interesting to see if it's just a storm in a teacup or if there will be some form of fine or ban .

Comment

Working...
                                X