Northern Ireland Open Qualifiers 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Yes I remember that Taylor wanted to play the last frame and Higgins disagreed ,this had been boiling over before the event when Taylor got the captaincy.
    Alex said there was an agreement before the tournament that any high break prize would be split among the team, Taylor got the high break, pocketed all the money and denied there had been an agreement and Alex was his usual diplomatic self

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Alex said there was an agreement before the tournament that any high break prize would be split among the team, Taylor got the high break, pocketed all the money and denied there had been an agreement and Alex was his usual diplomatic self
      yep your dead right there ,I’d forgotten about that part

Comment

Taylor always came across to me as a slimy corporate pole climber, so not surprised to hear he would sh1t on mates when it came to money. Every word he ever uttered in commentary sounded like he was licking a ten pound note.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
          Taylor always came across to me as a slimy corporate pole climber, so not surprised to hear he would sh1t on mates when it came to money. Every word he ever uttered in commentary sounded like he was licking a ten pound note.
          I have no idea what that last sentence means but I like it and I'm stealing it.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            I have no idea what that last sentence means but I like it and I'm stealing it.
            Lolz, thanks, I'll take that as a compliment, but in an effort to shed more light on it..... Imagine you have a tasty salt and chili spare rib in your hands and you are getting paid handsomely to eat eat it.... (If the food example doesn't agree, pleas replace with a preferred tasty food option)
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

taylor for me shouldnt even be in commentary , he actually openly said in commentary that he’d never been to the qualifiers in prestatyn when they were held there from the 90’s up until about 2010 , when he only lived about 20 miles away through all that time , if you cant be bothered to watch matches for free on your doorstep and will only watch when you’re being paid for it it goes against the spirit of the game for me.

Comment

While we’re on the Dennis Taylor bashing wagon ,he made a lot of money out of the 85 final in the years after ,far more than what he got for winning it .We had him at our hotel for an after dinner do ,I found him a bit up himself and false ,same old 80’s jokes and the rest of the night banging on about the 85 final . On the Higgins subject I think he disliked Alex more from jealousy than anything else .Alex Higgins beat Steve Davis 16-15 in the 1983 Uk Championship final from being 7-0 down ,never heard him bang on about it for the rest of his life ,the fact is Davis was known for chucking away big leads ,unlike Hendry who was probably the best front runner in the game ..

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                  taylor for me shouldnt even be in commentary , he actually openly said in commentary that he’d never been to the qualifiers in prestatyn when they were held there from the 90’s up until about 2010 , when he only lived about 20 miles away through all that time , if you cant be bothered to watch matches for free on your doorstep and will only watch when you’re being paid for it it goes against the spirit of the game for me.
                  100% agreed ,have to say I didn't know about that

Comment

Working...
                  X