No announcement yet.

BetVictor Northern Ireland Open 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again the scoring has gone tits up. Switch to the Hawkins v Boiko Match, no scores, not even on WS live scores. Why can't they get the simplest of things right? It's not particle physics FFS.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

It’s a shame Andy Goldstein has gone ,that bird they have now asks the pundits a question and then interrupts them before they have finished answering ,bloody rude ,she did it to Jimmy at least twice last night before the Judd match and then to McManus ,he tried to carry on but she wasn’t having any of it .

Comment

What a timely fluke from Lyu to the center. Landed on the right side of the blue too.
        Last edited by fkhan; 11 October 2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

come on lyu haotian i can't remember a good match out of him since he nearly beat hawkins at the crucible in 2018.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

Unlike Mark Allen ,who gets fatter everyday
            The lad needs a tapeworm
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

It’s a shame Andy Goldstein has gone ,that bird they have now asks the pundits a question and then interrupts them before they have finished answering ,bloody rude ,she did it to Jimmy at least twice last night before the Judd match and then to McManus ,he tried to carry on but she wasn’t having any of it .
              Has he only gone for this Tournament…….not liking her . She comes across as quiet bossy . Needs to let the knowledgeable people put their point across
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I think he’s gone altogether ,there was talk some people were calling him racist because he said the Chinese players were robotic or something ,what a load of bollox ,yes they are robotic but to say so is not racist,it’s feck all to do with that ,just the rubbish world we live in I suppose we’re everyone is offended

Comment

I think he’s gone altogether ,there was talk some people were calling him racist because he said the Chinese players were robotic or something ,what a load of bollox ,yes they are robotic but to say so is not racist,it’s feck all to do with that ,just the rubbish world we live in I suppose we’re everyone is offended
                  Well, making an incorrect generalisation about a group of people based on their nationality is a pretty good example of racism actually, or at the very least bigotry. Don't know what Goldstein said though, if anything. I know a lot of people dislike him, but I've always found him to be pretty good, especially compared to the horrible Colin Murray.

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post

Has he only gone for this Tournament…….not liking her . She comes across as quiet bossy . Needs to let the knowledgeable people put their point across
                    Yes. I noticed her interrupt McManus yesterday and ROS today.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                      ...especially compared to the horrible Colin Murray.
                      Why do you say that Odrl? Do you just mean his style of presentation?

I remember in one of Murray's BBC 5 Live radio phone-in shows, toward the beginning of the pandemic, an elderly bloke phoned in and was clearly quite distressed about his own personal situation, he had no friends or family to help him get shopping and suchlike. In the end, Collin got the guy on the switchboard to get the old gent's details so he could personally help him out, which I believe he did. It seemed totally genuine to me, not at all ostentatious. Hats off to the lad. On top of which, he has ALWAYS stood up for snooker. When we were going through the John Higgins debacle, he defended the sport to the hilt, rather than jumping on the snooker bashing bandwagon. He does get a bit annoying at times, but then, which of them doesn't?

-
                      Last edited by PatBlock; 11 October 2021, 08:34 PM.
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

Fair enough, obviously I only know him from his studio appearances on Eurosport. I find him difficult to watch in that capacity, but I have nothing against him otherwise.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                          Fair enough, obviously I only know him from his studio appearances on Eurosport. I find him difficult to watch in that capacity, but I have nothing against him otherwise.
                          Yeah, I can understand that, he used to annoy the hell out of me too, but I've warmed to him over the last few years and I really enjoyed that Steve Davis piece he did.

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

I think he's moved to the drive time show on Talksport, so he'll be working there through the late afternoon/early evening. I hadn't heard anything about racism, presumed he had to choose between Eurosport and Talk Sport and went with the latter.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

I think he's moved to the drive time show on Talksport, so he'll be working there through the late afternoon/early evening. I hadn't heard anything about racism, presumed he had to choose between Eurosport and Talk Sport and went with the latter.
                              Yes I read that a while back, obviously job that is constant and regular, compared to one that pops up now and then and only for a short time.... what would you choose?
                              Also I have not heard anything about any racist comment bruhaha, ?
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

He was always on Talksport when he did the snooker , he used to do the late night show .
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X