No announcement yet.

UK Championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe he’s trying to get snooker more media attention with his daft comments , how can he be so dense after entering a pro golf tournament a few years ago , there’s zero chance he didn’t know si juahui wasn’t a good former pro / very good amateur , the media attention angle is the only way it makes sense to me.

Comment

hi all, anyone at the event itself?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Murphy lost to a numpty (rubbish snooker player according to O'Sullivan). :-P

Comment

Wow, so many maximums these days. Gary Wilson is the latest entrant. I heard the commentators say yesterday that Li Hang's 139 would not be the highest break of the tourney. Gary pockets 15k unless we see a second 147.

Comment

Gary Wilson maximum
            his 4th
            6th this season
            19th of the tournament history
            11th player to make 4x 147s
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              Gary Wilson maximum
              his 4th
              6th this season
              19th of the tournament history
              11th player to make 4x 147s
              These Star tables are playing easier compared to the new Rasson tables , not even that many centuries in the last event .Hendry said the pockets are tighter on those Rassons ,especially the middles, and they looked it too .About time things were changed up a bit .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

These Star tables are playing easier compared to the new Rasson tables , not even that many centuries in the last event .Hendry said the pockets are tighter on those Rassons ,especially the middles, and they looked it too .About time things were changed up a bit .
                That answers why the pocket templates are kept a secret.

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                  Murphy has got the right hump saying that amateurs should not be playing in Tournaments in his post match interview.
                  I don't recall him saying anything about this in the past, not heard it from any other pros before either.

Didn't make much sense did it, I think he's let his emotions take charge of his mouth.
                  Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                    Murphy has got the right hump saying that amateurs should not be playing in Tournaments in his post match interview.
                    What could they do If there aren't enough pros to make up the numbers? Or did Murphy think he deserved a bye?
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Murphy, quoted from the BBC.

"I am going to sound like a grumpy old man but that young man shouldn't be in the tournament, It is not fair, it is not right. I don't know why we as a sport allow amateurs to compete in professional tournaments. This is our livelihood, this is our living. We are self-employed individuals and not contracted sportsmen. We don't play for a team. The other 127 runners and riders in the tournament, it is their livelihood too. It is wrong, in my opinion, to walk into somebody who is not playing with the same pressures and concerns I am.

He played like a man who does not have a care in the world, because he does not have a care in the world. It is not fair, it is not right. I am not picking on him as a young man, he deserved his victory. Amateurs should not be allowed in professional tournaments, the end. This is our livelihood. This is how I put food on the table. This is how I earn money. Since turning professional at 15, I have earned the right to call myself a professional snooker player. He hasn't done that. He shouldn't be on the table."

And if, as trains says, he entered a pro golf tournament a little while ago, seems rather hypocritical of him.

*Sits back and waits for the inevitable "This is how I put food on the table..." jokes.*

-
                      Last edited by PatBlock; 24 November 2021, 04:32 PM.
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

"I am going to sound like a grumpy old man but that young man shouldn't be in the tournament, It is not fair, it is not right. I don't know why we as a sport allow amateurs to compete in professional tournaments. This is our livelihood, this is our living. We are self-employed individuals and not contracted sportsmen. We don't play for a team. The other 127 runners and riders in the tournament, it is their livelihood too. It is wrong, in my opinion, to walk into somebody who is not playing with the same pressures and concerns I am.

He played like a man who does not have a care in the world, because he does not have a care in the world. It is not fair, it is not right. I am not picking on him as a young man, he deserved his victory. Amateurs should not be allowed in professional tournaments, the end. This is our livelihood. This is how I put food on the table. This is how I earn money. Since turning professional at 15, I have earned the right to call myself a professional snooker player. He hasn't done that. He shouldn't be on the table."

And if, as trains says, he entered a pro golf tournament a little while ago, seems rather hypocritical of him.

-
                        Pros are pros because they are better than the Amateurs. They should show that in a match too.

Comment

*Sits back and waits for the inevitable "This is how I put food on the table..." jokes.*

-
                          I wonder what his thoughts are on Hendry and co. They are amateur players and only got gifted a card, they haven't earned one.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

-
                            Well he doesn’t look like he’s going hungry.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Garry's max:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5k5en37jss...20Max.mp4?dl=0

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Well he doesn’t look like he’s going hungry.
                                Knew I could count on you CC.

-
                                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                                X