UK Championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

45 - 53 to Si. I would think that if the shot on the black was on, he'd have played it. The blue was always going to be tricky at that pace.

-
    true but the blue is a fair bit of distance off the cushion , i'd just put it down as a miss by the marks & spencers chosen one

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
      Hendrys getting rinsed on table two , Un-noo 3 nil up ,think he’s had 3 tons ,Hendry not potted a ball .
      Yep, 3 tons for Un-noo. Frame to Hendry now though with a magnificent 57.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

I think Murphy's comments are idiotic and mean-spirited. Good to see him out of the tournament. You can excuse a little bit of sour grapes after a painful defeat, but much more difficult to excuse the likes of Robertson and Williams agreeing with the sentiment. To say someone is good enough to be in the top 50 and at the same time trying to keep them out of tournaments is just bizarre. And I think these top players are forgetting how many tournaments aren't even open to all the professionals (at least not directly), so they are able to earn decent money just by showing up and losing in the 1st round. If they show up at the UK Championship out of form and lose to an amateur, that's their own fault. They should keep their mouth shut.

Here's hoping Robertson and Williams go out at the next time of asking as well.

Comment

agreed completely Odrl , its like they're just singing from the same hymn sheet because they know with the lack of comparable facilities anywhere its tantamount to a closed tour anyway even with the good chinese players coming through so they're just making hay while the sun shines , just open the tour up to all and seed the pro's that way , if thats good enough for robert milkins its good enough for me.

Comment

Michael's taking the bull by it's horns. This is turning into a nail biter.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
              I think Murphy's comments are idiotic and mean-spirited. Good to see him out of the tournament. You can excuse a little bit of sour grapes after a painful defeat, but much more difficult to excuse the likes of Robertson and Williams agreeing with the sentiment. To say someone is good enough to be in the top 50 and at the same time trying to keep them out of tournaments is just bizarre. And I think these top players are forgetting how many tournaments aren't even open to all the professionals (at least not directly), so they are able to earn decent money just by showing up and losing in the 1st round. If they show up at the UK Championship out of form and lose to an amateur, that's their own fault. They should keep their mouth shut.

Here's hoping Robertson and Williams go out at the next time of asking as well.
              Agree on that as well. You could just as well ask why are Hendry or White still on the tour acting as secure wins. Or why does Fu hold a place for a second year in a row without showing up. They have to beat the players they meet. Simple as that.
              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Since everybody says something about it:
                Murphy just totally misses the point. Just because Si hasn't pro status right now, he still wants to be a pro and also needs the money to earn a living. And I guess he needs it more than Murphy. If you don't give them the chance to play there - and Si also earned it by being high on the replacement list - you do nothing to close the gap and it's tough enough already to get onto the tour.
                I'M especially surprised by Williams' stance on this, since he usually advocates to give the players who lose earlier in the tournament more money.

Comment

Damn shame to see our mate Pagett lose 6-1

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                    Michael's taking the bull by it's horns. This is turning into a nail biter.
                    White can't complain, he had plenty of chances there. Good match though, some cracking flukes.

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

White can't complain, he had plenty of chances there. Good match though, some cracking flukes.

-
                      I missed the last three frames had some office work. Why does it always have to be when I am watching my Favourite player .

Yeah, I saw some flukes were outrageous. The yellow to the center by ROS. The red from the back pocket bounced off to the green pocket by Michael.

Comment

bet365 seem to be coming back down to earth with the streams , there's four matches going on now and they aren't streaming any , grrrr

Comment

I missed the last three frames had some office work. Why does it always have to be when I am watching my Favourite player .

Yeah, I saw some flukes were outrageous. The yellow to the center by ROS. The red from the back pocket bounced off to the green pocket by Michael.
                          Isn't it around 4am where you are fkhan?

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

Isn't it around 4am where you are fkhan?

-
                            Yes. You are right. We support mostly US clients. Business hours for them now.

Comment

Yes. You are right. We support mostly US clients. Business hours for them now.
                              Ah I see. Handy for watching European snooker though.

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Ah I see. Handy for watching European snooker though.

-
                                I prefer Europeans any day over Americans though. Most Americans I met are just too formal and business minded, unlike Europeans.

Comment

Working...
                                X