Cazoo Masters 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
    Could be all lefties in the semis. Not unusual tho. Pretty sure it’s happened before.
    David Hendon said earlier that it would be the first time ever in a major tournament. No idea whether he actually checked though.

Comment

• I can find several major events with three left-handed semi-finalists, but none with four at first glance.

Comment

• So may the best lefty win...

As long as it's not Judd, of course
        "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
          I can find several major events with three left-handed semi-finalists, but none with four at first glance.
          You’re probably right. Can’t think of one off hand. Something in back of my head thought Wenbo was involved. Maybe just three. Robbo, Wenbo and Trump.

Comment

• Can the person who had the double on today’s 6-1, 6-1 scoreline get the drinks in??!

Comment

• Selby seems to have regressed in to the the same mode that even bores him self to death ,nothing positive about his game ,bit like he was two or three years ago .When he plays faster with confidence he’s a different player , he just looks likes he’s worried about missing all the time .

Comment

• Hendry has said several times during the tournament that he thinks Judd is the best player in the world right now and that is disrespectful to the current world champion who is, by default the best player in the world right now and that only changes when they lose the title. Maybe I'm reading too much in to it but being world number 1 and being in form like Judd is doesn't make him the best in the world. I think Hendry needs to stop saying that.

Hendry is a great pundit but he's disrespectful to the current world champion every time he uses the phrase 'best in the world' when he talks about Judd who isn't the current world champion.
                www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                  Hendry has said several times during the tournament that he thinks Judd is the best player in the world right now and that is disrespectful to the current world champion who is, by default the best player in the world right now and that only changes when they lose the title. Maybe I'm reading too much in to it but being world number 1 and being in form like Judd is doesn't make him the best in the world. I think Hendry needs to stop saying that.

Hendry is a great pundit but he's disrespectful to the current world champion every time he uses the phrase 'best in the world' when he talks about Judd who isn't the current world champion.
                  But ‘best’ is purely subjective. If he’s of the opinion Jud is the best in the world, why can’t he say so?

Your post is hypocritical, too. In one sentence you say being ranked No 1 doesn’t make you the best in the world. But then in another sentence you say being the current World Champion makes you the best by default. Why should being the current WC make you the best, if being ranked no1 doesn’t?
                  Last edited by Billy; 15 January 2022, 02:28 PM.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post

But ‘best’ is purely subjective. If he’s of the opinion Jud is the best in the world, why can’t he say so?

Your post is hypocritical, too. In one sentence you say being ranked No 1 doesn’t make you the best in the world. But then in another sentence you say being the current World Champion make you the best by default.
                    Number 1 ranking doesn't make someone the best in the world. Holding the world championship title does that. Hendry is entitled to his opinion but every time he mentions Judd and 'best in the world' in the same sentence seems like he's having a dig at Selby and undermining the significance of the world championship.
                    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• The World Championship is the biggest tournament, but it's just one tournament among many. If one player wins the WC and another player wins everything else, who is the better player? Currently, Mark Selby is actually both the World champion and the world number 1, so he has a good case for sure. But looking at the more recent form, neither Selby nor Trump are playing all that well, and neither is even in the top 12 on this season's ranking points alone.

Comment

• Billy/Rotty. Judd thinks he’s the best in the world atm. He said that Selby is ranked No 1 cos of the huge amount of ranking points you get for winning the WC. Always difficult to work out who is “the best” at a particular time. Everyone has to make their own minds up based on their own criteria. Probably a bit easier to decide who is the GOAT but even that can cause differences of opinion.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                          Billy/Rotty. Judd thinks he’s the best in the world atm. He said that Selby is ranked No 1 cos of the huge amount of ranking points you get for winning the WC. Always difficult to work out who is “the best” at a particular time. Everyone has to make their own minds up based on their own criteria. Probably a bit easier to decide who is the GOAT but even that can cause differences of opinion.
                          I would say GOAT is even more difficult, because "greatness" is not really a measurable quality. Comparing Joe Davis to Ronnie O'Sullivan is completely pointless, so I've kind of given up on these discussions now.

Comment

• Some sublime potting in that mini session from MJW.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• If Ken Doherty tells us that Mark Williams is “such a laid-back character” one more time, I’m going to get the first train down to London and throttle him.
                              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                                Number 1 ranking doesn't make someone the best in the world. Holding the world championship title does that.
                                Sorry, that just doesn’t add up to me. To quote fellow poster Odrl If one player wins the WC and another player wins everything else, who is the better player?

Comment

Working...
                                X