Cazoo Masters 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

Could be the table ,but as they were saying in commentary,the tables are set up on a false floor ,also tables take time to settle properly .Playing shots that slow you better hit dead centre of the white or as it slows down it could move with a trace of side . There is also no such thing as a perfectly level snooker table ,anything over 95% is good .Even if you got the slates dead level ,putting a cloth on will alter the level to some degree as no no cloth is perfect either ..
    After marking out my baulk and D with the white Tipex pen I’ve noticed if you slowly roll a ball just off parallel towards the line, when it gets to the line it’s tracks the line! I’ve brushed blocked and ironed it and it still does it! Just shows you how fine the cloth is..

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

After marking out my baulk and D with the white Tipex pen I’ve noticed if you slowly roll a ball just off parallel towards the line, when it gets to the line it’s tracks the line! I’ve brushed blocked and ironed it and it still does it! Just shows you how fine the cloth is..
      Could it be the slate joint?

Comment

I really don’t care much for the rowdiness of this crowd. It’s nothing new, of course. Back in the early 80s, during JW’s hay day, the crowds were more akin to football fans, storming the barrier at the end of the final to molest their champion. But the difference was it was all done with genuine sincerity, with heart-felt emotion. The crowds now, especially here at the Ally Pally are just arse holes; jeering, putting off the ‘away’ player with coughs, shouting out what they think are amusing comments, sarcastic and ironic oohs and ahhhs.

I say we move next year’s Masters to the Tempodrom in Berlin. Now that’s a proper snooker crowd. A genuine love for the game, and respectful with it.
        Last edited by Billy; 12 January 2022, 09:33 PM.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
          I say we move next year’s Masters to the Tempodrom in Berlin. Now that’s a proper snooker crowd. A genuine love for the game, and respectful with it.

I second that

"That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Could it be the slate joint?
            No, the slate joint is about an inch or more away. It’s the Tipex…
            Last edited by Danger Steve; 12 January 2022, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Enjoyable match to watch this one!

Comment

Nice midnight finish, just about.

Comment

As McManus said, 'twitching hour witching hour' lol.

Comment

Right after Wilson finally potted the yellow, my stream broke down... and went up again for post match interview. gosh.
                    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Steve , tipex always knits the fibres together to some degree ,I use a white glass marking pencil and the ball will track along that fresh line , so I iron it in straight away and the jobs a good un , it fades out a bit after a few weeks , so it’s something* I do around once a month . Faster and thinner cloths will always show up any slight deviation of the balls rolling slowly ,probably why we see it more these days on tv .As we all know know fast thin cloths are great ,but accurate cueing becomes more essential . Playing on a heated tv table or something like-superfine is like a different game to a cold heavy club cloth .

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                        As McManus said, 'twitching hour witching hour' lol.
                        I wish the BBC would employ McManus. His voice and poetic prose is majestic!
                        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                          Right after Wilson finally potted the yellow, my stream broke down... and went up again for post match interview. gosh.
                          It happened to me just before that on the Eurosport app. I relaunched it and it worked.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                            I really don’t care much for the rowdiness of this crowd. It’s nothing new, of course. Back in the early 80s, during JW’s hay day, the crowds were more akin to football fans, storming the barrier at the end of the final to molest their champion. But the difference was it was all done with genuine sincerity, with heart-felt emotion. The crowds now, especially here at the Ally Pally are just arse holes; jeering, putting off the ‘away’ player with coughs, shouting out what they think are amusing comments, sarcastic and ironic oohs and ahhhs.

The way people are waving and pulling faces when they see themselves on the big screens reminds me of the 80s when it was a big thing to see yourself on video camera and people would say "hello mum".

Will be interesting today because Neil isn't going to stand for being put off. He'll complain to the ref if there's the slightest noise when he's down on the shot so the ref and stewards could be in for a challenging time.

Should be a great match tonight between John and Mark and hopefully Mark is up for a bit of banter.
                            www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by jimmys993 View Post
                              Hi everyone.

Sorry to join and post a question immediately...

I'm attending the Master's for the first time this week. Got a ticket to the afternoon session of the final and wondering where the best spot is to watch the evening session with fellow fans (i.e. a local pub where people tend to flock to).

Spoke to the venue and unfortunately sounds like there aren't any big screen or bars within Ally Pally showing it.

Grateful for any tips! Cheers
                              Welcome and hope you have a good time on Sunday. I don't know the area but there might be somewhere close by that's got screens so you can scout the area in the afternoon but if Ronnie gets to the final every bar will probably be rammed so if you're in a hotel or live nearby I would get some supplies in and watch it from there. Depends if you're looking for a lively place but I don't like busy pubs where you have to queue at the bar for 20 minutes. If you're looking for a night out for the evening session ask around when you're there in the afternoon 👍
                              www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• That last red should not have dropped! Buckets.

Screenshot_20220113-205748_Eurosport.jpg
                                Last edited by fkhan; 13 January 2022, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X