• Show
Clear All

• Nifty50
    replied
    Very tidy 147 by Joe.

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    #22 Yeah you're probably right, i was just thinking earlier as Jones was looking good he's probably the second best Welsh player now, no mean feat.
    Last edited by trains; 29 February 2024, 11:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Been impressed by Joe O'Connor, but for some reason feel Jak Jones has more in the tank generally speaking... Others thoughts? 🤔

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    147 by Joe O'Connor

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by trains View Post
    I'm surprised he signed up to this in the first place, probably obligated to ?
    I was also surprised he signed up for it, I was surprised he actually turned up yesterday, hence not surprised with the withdrawal.
    This event is an invitational, so no obligation - but to me if you sign up you have an obligation to that agreement.

Pang impresses me with his table craft but virtually everyone he plays seems to score better.
    I have been watching Pang for the last year or two and also really like his play at the table. Maybe he brings the best out of his opponents?

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    So, surprise, surprise Ronnie has dropped out after the first day, he wont be playing his last two matches - therefore removing the opportunity for Pang and Brown from gaining a few hundred quid from frames won, etc.
    Does WST have a contingency in-place to offset possible loss of earnings?
    Ronnie may not want to play for "chicken-feed" anymore, so why did he sign-up for this event then? Again removing the opportunity for another player to earn money?
    I'm surprised he signed up to this in the first place, probably obligated to ?
    Pang impresses me with his table craft but virtually everyone he plays seems to score better.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    So, surprise, surprise Ronnie has dropped out after the first day, he wont be playing his last two matches - therefore removing the opportunity for Pang and Brown from gaining a few hundred quid from frames won, etc.
    Does WST have a contingency in-place to offset possible loss of earnings?
    Ronnie may not want to play for "chicken-feed" anymore, so why did he sign-up for this event then? Again removing the opportunity for another player to earn money?

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied

I wonder what the actual point of this tournament is ? How is snooker's profile being expanded when this is behind closed doors and only streamed on matchroom live and with betting companies ? The only sponsor i see is Bet Victor, what are they getting out of it ?
    IIRC developed for betting sites in mind.

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied

Historically, CLS (IIRC) has always been non-spectators.
    I wonder what the actual point of this tournament is ? How is snooker's profile being expanded when this is behind closed doors and only streamed on matchroom live and with betting companies ? The only sponsor i see is Bet Victor, what are they getting out of it ?

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

I really hoped he would kick on a few seasons ago but it's not quite happened. I like his game, he's definitely got something about him.
    From what I've seen, when his backs to the wall, he relaxes and plays well, like hes got nothing to lose. Hopefully there's still time for him, as he's a real talent and great to watch.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Enjoyed Craigies match with Ronnie, shame he lost the decider. Good watching them together and realising just how alike their actions are. Hits the ball very crisp does Sam, nice to watch when he's in flow.
    I really hoped he would kick on a few seasons ago but it's not quite happened. I like his game, he's definitely got something about him.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Enjoyed Craigies match with Ronnie, shame he lost the decider. Good watching them together and realising just how alike their actions are. Hits the ball very crisp does Sam, nice to watch when he's in flow.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied

Thanks Dean you spared me the time.

Just looked on the Leicester Arena website, this is a behind closed doors event, no spectators allowed, I wonder what the reason is for that ? Too many gaps of non play ?
    Historically, CLS (IIRC) has always been non-spectators.

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied

Apart from the Group Winner and the bottom 2 players in the group table; all others get the opportunity to play again in the next group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_C..._(invitational)

also, on the same page, if you scroll down to the winnings tables, you will see that Kyren Wilson has played in every group so far - and made the most money
    He won Group 6 so is advanced to the Winning Group, so will miss group 7
    Thanks Dean you spared me the time.

Just looked on the Leicester Arena website, this is a behind closed doors event, no spectators allowed, I wonder what the reason is for that ? Too many gaps of non play ?

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    I thought Junxu, Craigie, Slessor and O Connor just played in this group today, why are they up tomorrow as well ?
    Apart from the Group Winner and the bottom 2 players in the group table; all others get the opportunity to play again in the next group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_C..._(invitational)

also, on the same page, if you scroll down to the winnings tables, you will see that Kyren Wilson has played in every group so far - and made the most money
    He won Group 6 so is advanced to the Winning Group, so will miss group 7
    Last edited by DeanH; 27 February 2024, 11:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X