Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nifty50
    replied
    Thanks for the info Mark. Should be able to get another look at Mags cue tomorrow during the second session of his match with Murphy. From what I saw today it looked to be quite simple. Single splice. Ash not his usual maple. Might have been a black plate.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

He said that the cue is one that Akani modified. Akani is associated with Life Cues in Thailand. Greenbaize stocks Life Cues, including a range of ones modified by Akani. Not sure what modifications he makes, but they are a lot more expensive than the rest of the cues, so seems like their ultimate line. There's a photo of Maguire on Life Cues Instagram from fairly recently with a new cue,.
    Ahh yeh,thanks, that makes sense, I've seen those. Would be interesting to know what Akani adds in terms of expertise. This is one where you hope it's more than just an endorsement... 🙏

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
    Do you know how to send in a question for the pundits to answer? I’ve never ever managed to work out how to do it myself. Summit to do with hash tags? If you sent in a question about the cue to Dom I’m sure he would wax lyrical. It think Mags mentioned it in his post match interview with Rob Walker but I can’t find it anywhere.
    No, afraid not Nifty, not really my style tbh. Would be good to hear it from the horse's mouth though.

Leave a comment:

• Mark187187
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Wanted to ask if you had any more information on the cue please Nifty? Can't find anything myself. Cheers.
    He said that the cue is one that Akani modified. Akani is associated with Life Cues in Thailand. Greenbaize stocks Life Cues, including a range of ones modified by Akani. Not sure what modifications he makes, but they are a lot more expensive than the rest of the cues, so seems like their ultimate line. There's a photo of Maguire on Life Cues Instagram from fairly recently with a new cue,.

Leave a comment:

• Nifty50
    replied
    Wanted to ask if you had any more information on the cue please Nifty? Can't find anything myself. Cheers.
    Do you know how to send in a question for the pundits to answer? I’ve never ever managed to work out how to do it myself. Summit to do with hash tags? If you sent in a question about the cue to Dom I’m sure he would wax lyrical. It think Mags mentioned it in his post match interview with Rob Walker but I can’t find it anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied

Dominic mentioned that Mags was playing with a new cue but never mentioned Akani. I was only half listening but I’m sure I heard Dom say he had to play with a bit of tape on the ferrule cos the ferrule was too shiney! Anyone else hear that?
    Ok, cheers Pal. I'll listen out for more as this interests me. I wonder whether his latest verve come from the new cue or just feeling ok, generally. Either way it's nice to see him play well. 👍

Leave a comment:

• Nifty50
    replied

Dominic mentioned that Mags was playing with a new cue but never mentioned Akani. I was only half listening but I’m sure I heard Dom say he had to play with a bit of tape on the ferrule cos the ferrule was too shiney! Anyone else hear that?

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    That’s interesting. Sunny Akani made Maguire’s cue.

Leave a comment:

• vmax
    replied
    Mark Williams v Si Jiahui and Ding v Lisowski are the stand out matches for me, Jamie Jones has a great chance against Higgins and that could have been Robertson. I'll be there on saturday moring with a family bag of cheezios watching Luca and Zhang on split screen with the commentary turned off

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Gutted Ronnie's got Jackson, he said yesterday he didn't care a hoot who he played, gonna have to stand on that now..

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Right about time we switched chat to the main event thread, who's doing the honours this year sticking it up? Dean don't want to steal thunder etc lolz !?! ?

Sorry I'm like an excited kid.....😂

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Neil won't appear at the Crucible for the first time in the last 20 years.

Leave a comment:

• Mark187187
    replied
    Draw for anyone who missed it, seeding in brackets:

(1) Luca Brecel vs David Gilbert
    (16) Robert Milkins vs Pang Junxu
    (9) Ali Carter vs Stephen Maguire
    (8) Shaun Murphy vs Lyu Haotian
    (5) Mark Selby vs Joe O'Connor
    (12) Kyren Wilson vs Dominic Dale
    (13) John Higgins vs Jamie Jones
    (4) Mark Allen vs Robbie Williams
    (3) Judd Trump vs Hossein Vafaei
    (14) Tom Ford vs Ricky Walden
    (11) Zhang Anda vs Jak Jones
    (6) Mark Williams vs Si Jiahui
    (7) Ding Junhui vs Jack Lisowski
    (10) Gary Wilson vs Stuart Bingham
    (15) Barry Hawkins vs Ryan Day
    (2) Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Jackson Page

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    So that's it, thoroughly enjoyable ten days of qualifying, betting streams casted or screen mirrored onto the telly are a breath of fresh air.

I'll do the same with the Crucible, i think its the way to go really, presenters and commentators are played out, you dont need them.

Leave a comment:

• snookerfollower
    replied
    World Snooker ending their own live stream while there's still a match on. Typical of the farce that this organisation has turned into in the past few years.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X