X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vmax
    replied
    Originally Posted by FredDavis'Leg View Post
    There are certainly some 'mixed' abilities on show today :-) Holt lost, surprised at that. Quite a few of them are like watching paint dry - Johnstone's should sponsor them ;-)
    Holt simply doesn't have the temperament for the game, just a few misses and some poor running for him and good running for his opponent and he's gone.

Leave a comment:

• Nifty50
    replied
    Originally Posted by trains View Post
    Wai Cheung could have won that 10-6, possibly lacking a bit of matchplay nous, good steadiness from Muir though.
    I switched off at 9-7. Really thought Ross Muir was beaten. Very surprised to see the score this morning. As you say Wai Cheung lacking a bit of experience in closing matches out.

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Wai Cheung could have won that 10-6, possibly lacking a bit of matchplay nous, good steadiness from Muir though.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    A mistake from Jenson K on that snooker he was in on the last red in frame 17. He should have played from the opposite cushion to avoid the foul on the black.
    Last edited by fkhan; 8 April 2024, 10:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FredDavis'Leg
    replied
    There are certainly some 'mixed' abilities on show today :-) Holt lost, surprised at that. Quite a few of them are like watching paint dry - Johnstone's should sponsor them ;-)

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Enjoying Muir vs Wai Cheung, Muir looks so regimented its hard to see how he physically and mentally could last a tournament but the more aesthetic Wai Cheung is missing pots he shouldn't.
    Swings and roundabouts as always.

Leave a comment:

• vmax
    replied
    Ursenbacher 9 - 0 Boiko, surprisingly one sided.
    I watched some of that today, Boiko was pathetic, only in it as he's ukrainian, got the eurovision vote from world snooker

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Ursenbacher 9 - 0 Boiko, surprisingly one sided.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    The young Chinese lass kicks off today, she seems to be the best of the ladies and scored really well in their world champs, could be interesting.
    Michael Holt is back, the young youtube star, I hope he does well, he seems to have his love for the game back.
    Liam Davies also starts this morning, I went and watched him win a qtour event last year, he beat Craig Steadman in the final, really nice lad and whole family were tbf, chatted with everyone, he played some great snooker, I hope he does well.
    Ross Muir, who was coached by Chris Small (who used to be on here) for a while, takes another crack at it, will he ditch the glove! Like he did the last time I saw him on TV.
    Not a bad opening morning, I'm all excited lol

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Now we move onto this, I absolutely love the qualifiers and all the judgement day jazz.
    Are the qualifiers televised somewhere? And how does any of it involve Rob Walker anyway? I didn’t think they called for him until it all kicks off proper at Sheffield.

Anyway, I like Rob Walker so no hardship there.

[Edit] Never mind. I see it’s on Eurosport.
    Last edited by Billy; 8 April 2024, 07:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied

Bollocks, I forgot about that. I just love the rounds and the build up and then the 16-32 playing against players that are match sharp, getting the odd surprise, I might enjoy this just as much as the main event.
    I'd rather pay to go and stay up there for a couple of days of this than if I was offered two days at the Crucible all expenses paid, more my cup of tea.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied

Yeah 2 days of Rob Walker's exaggerated bollocks, oh the joy .
    Bollocks, I forgot about that. I just love the rounds and the build up and then the 16-32 playing against players that are match sharp, getting the odd surprise, I might enjoy this just as much as the main event.

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Now we move onto this, I absolutely love the qualifiers and all the judgement day jazz.
    Yeah 2 days of Rob Walker's exaggerated bollocks, oh the joy .

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Back issues forced him to withdraw. Hence, he will be off the tour basis his ranking position.
    Thanks, shouldn't expect him at the Q School then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X