No announcement yet.

Wuxi Classic 2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The crowd's reaction to JH's century just before the MSI made me chuckle, if you had no picture you'd think he made a maximum, nice to see them getting into it though.

Is anyone else on here using the eurosport player to watch this? I'm finding the picture quality unusually poor, I can hardly make out the scores and names.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
      The crowd's reaction to JH's century just before the MSI made me chuckle, if you had no picture you'd think he made a maximum, nice to see them getting into it though.

Is anyone else on here using the eurosport player to watch this? I'm finding the picture quality unusually poor, I can hardly make out the scores and names.

-
      I'm using the player. Seems as if the quality alternates depending on the strength of your internet connection. If it's constantly bad you might want to reset your router/modem.

Comment

Anyone know if the 3am (10am there) matches are televised or streamed online?
        Blown away

Comment

sportlemon have a start at 1am (CET?)
          http://www.sportcategory.com/c-11.html and scroll down a bit
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

just watched the Eurosport record of the Allen/Lines match, anyone else notice the commentator (Stubbs I think) pronounces Peter's surname more like Lions
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Watching Jimmy White playing Milkins . . . not a great first frame to watch (very messy).

Fingers crossed for Jimmy!

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Jimmy down 2 frames to nil . . .

Update: Jimmy is now down 3 frames to 2.
                Last edited by mythman69; 19 June 2013, 03:59 AM.
                My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

Just read that Judd Trump moaned that there is no money in snooker and he felt pressured to play in every tournament .

He's an interesting idea........go and get a job that pays more than you earn as a snooker player .

Funny that he doesn't earn much ........reports that he owns a Ferrari and a pair of shoes that cost £2000 ..........no money . Please don't make me laugh .

You lost ......again ......get over it .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Good match between Williams and Lisowski... Williams survives another decider, lovely break to win it in one visit, but it did start with a fluke. :smile:

Good win for Cao Yupeng earlier as well, 5-4 over Hawkins, which gives him a chance to reach the quarter-finals now, if he beats Woollaston in the next round. Lu Haotian will be interesting to see later as well, playing Carter in the last32. If he could win that one, he would play the winner of Morris-Greene in the next round, so every chance for another good run. :wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                      Good match between Williams and Lisowski... Williams survives another decider, lovely break to win it in one visit, but it did start with a fluke. :smile:
                      I thought Jack had it at 4-3 but a good fight back from Williams to win 5-4. He had a couple of flukes (like the blue earlier in the match).

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                        Just read that Judd Trump moaned that there is no money in snooker and he felt pressured to play in every tournament .

He's an interesting idea........go and get a job that pays more than you earn as a snooker player .

Funny that he doesn't earn much ........reports that he owns a Ferrari and a pair of shoes that cost £2000 ..........no money . Please don't make me laugh .

You lost ......again ......get over it .
                        In comparison to other sports though he does have a point. Snooker is a very demanding game and requires a high level of skill and practice in order to play at the highest level. When you see lower ranked golfers, footballers, tennis players etc all earning a lot more than the world no.2/3 then you know that something is wrong. I don't blame him in moaning, snooker is a lot more competitive than other sports as well, you don't get any easy matches like you do in tennis in the early rounds.

He is probably just a bit annoyed that you have to win about 5 or 6 titles a season in order to make a good living out of the game whereas in other sports one major title in a season is worth more than winning 6 titles at snooker.

BTW have you got a link to this supposed story of trump, done a search and could find nothing recent, must have been an old story or article?
                        Last edited by cueman; 19 June 2013, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Understand that , but snooker is in a transition period . I bet he doesn't want to go back before Hearn took over . Then he would have something to moan about. 6 or 7 tournaments I believe .

The article was in that most reliable of British Newspapers......'The Sun' , just below an article about Stephen Lee .

Comment

If Trump has whinged about that, he's just embarrassing himself even more and showing himself up as a spoilt little brat who deserves nothing.

He just isn't as good as he thinks he is. Nobody has a god given right to beat anyone. Get your head down and put in more effort. Owning a Ferrrari, 2 grand shoes and holidaying in Las Vegas several times suggests you're doing alright. Try getting up at 5 a.m every day and grafting for 12 hours, then you might appreciate what you have.
                            Last edited by beechy1212; 19 June 2013, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Spot on Beechy

Comment

The World Champs is 250K, the UK is what? 150K? Other tournaments have first prizes of 80K to 120K I believe,and there are quite a few of them. Even the PTC has 20K this last time didn't it?

I think any one of us could live (even in the UK) quite comfortably on say average season earnings of 100-150K even with those terribly high expenses snooker players have to pay. Besides which maybe the real problem is the top pros like Trump can't do many exhibition now as they are always playing in a tournament and believe me for the top players the exhibition money is usually more than the tournament winnings.

Terry
                                Terry Davidson
                                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
                                X