Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Open Qualifiers

Anthony Hamilton 2 - 2 Michael Wasley

After 3:20h of play! WTF, that's 50 minutes per frame, average!

They are in their 5th frame now, as are Stephen Maguire and Andrew Pagett, but Maguire and Paggett started in the second session of the day, LOL!
    And the match between Tom Ford and Craig Steadman has just finished, and that also was a match from the second session of the day.

Anyone know what the record is for the longest best of 7 match?

Best regards,
    GR.

Good question, I'm sure someone will know how long it was. Just watched a bit of the Pankaj Advani match and he seems to be playing really well.
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
      Good question, I'm sure someone will know how long it was. Just watched a bit of the Pankaj Advani match and he seems to be playing really well.
      he did well in last weeks Shanghai Quals, but faded in Round 3 (?)
      have always like how he plays when rarely seen him on TV
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Some shocking results in this qualifiers, Rory McLeod and Matthew Stevens both whitewashed by players raknked 90 and 95, Mark King also gets nilled by amateur player Jeff Cundy. Graeme Dott beaten by world #118 Ratchayothin Yotharuck and Shaun Murphy, Judd Trump and Martin Gould all out already. Looks like some aren't too interested in a trip to India.
        Last edited by Valiullin; 12 August 2013, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Valiullin View Post
          Looks like some aren't too interested in a trip to India.
          That's what I thought too.
          Maybe it's because there aren't any ranking points at stake.

Best regards,
          GR.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jetmech View Post
            That's what I thought too.
            Maybe it's because there aren't any ranking points at stake.

Best regards,
            GR.
            As far as I know it's a full ranking event, 5000pts to the winner.

Comment

My mistake, I have the tour ranking points schedule 2013/14 (pdf) on my PC, which doesn't mention the Indian Open.
              But indeed in an article on the World Snooker website it is mentioned:

"World Snooker will stage the first ever world ranking tournament in India in October"

They didn't mention the ranking points breakdown however. Where did you read that?

Best regards,
              GR.

Comment

Youve got to feel for shaun murphy. He was all for this new set up where everyone plays in round one. 'this will sort the men from the boys' i think was his quote... Beat again.
                2013/2014 Season Event Predictor Winner!

Comment

Originally Posted by Jetmech View Post
                  My mistake, I have the tour ranking points schedule 2013/14 (pdf) on my PC, which doesn't mention the Indian Open.
                  But indeed in an article on the World Snooker website it is mentioned:

"World Snooker will stage the first ever world ranking tournament in India in October"

They didn't mention the ranking points breakdown however. Where did you read that?

Best regards,
                  GR.
                  It's on Snooker.org, there's the full calendar with points too

Comment

I like the flat 128 draw system ... the top 64 play the bottom 64 at qualifiers, a single round of qualifying to see who gets to go to the venue for the main event ... or even two rounds to get it down to 32 at the main event ...

for sure, the top players aren't used to playing qualifiers in little cubicles but there again, they are professional snooker players so should be able to get used to it ... and it's always appeared tough to me that say, under the old system, players ranked at the bottom of the list had to win 4 or 5 qualifying rounds to get to the venue to play the guaranteed top 16 ...

this new system is a lot fairer isn't it?

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                      and it's always appeared tough to me that say, under the old system, players ranked at the bottom of the list had to win 4 or 5 qualifying rounds to get to the venue to play the guaranteed top 16 ...

this new system is a lot fairer isn't it?
                      Yes, but then again, the lower-ranked players never played the likes of John Higgins in their first match. They would start against players of similar ability and then move up the rankings if they were consistently beating them.

Under the new system they're either reaching the venue, or playing just one match in the tournament, and it's a massive difference between drawing someone like Selby or someone like Pinches. :wink:

Comment

Love the fact Trudd Jump is out.
                        Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                          Yes, but then again, the lower-ranked players never played the likes of John Higgins in their first match. They would start against players of similar ability and then move up the rankings if they were consistently beating them.

Under the new system they're either reaching the venue, or playing just one match in the tournament, and it's a massive difference between drawing someone like Selby or someone like Pinches. :wink:
                          that's a very fair point Odri ... obviously, I'm not a professional snooker player so I have no idea which they would prefer and it may well vary from player to player ... speaking for myself, as an amateur pub league pool player, I think I'd prefer the one chance against a much higher rated player rather than say 4 or 5 matches against players closer to my standard ...

I'd hope I can raise my game against the higher rated player and possibly win whilst I'd think I'm bound to lose a match eventually (on the law of averages) playing 5 against weaker players ...

but that's my view ... anyone know what the pro snooker players think? I guess the top 16 players aren't delighted but what do the lower ranking players think?

Comment

in Wuxi 3 of the top 16 seeds did not get to the last 64 and a venue and Indian Open 5 top 16 players didn't get to the venue. losing 2 rounds before their guaranteed position under the old system.

it just shows even when the lower ranks plays the like of Trump, Selby and Murphy they got a fair crack of the whip.

Comment

Just read this on World Snooker :

Ken Doherty scored a 4-2 win over Luca Brecel despite a top break of just 25. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is hope for me yet
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                              X