Biased Commentators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biased Commentators

I can't believe how pro Selby the commentary team is in the Robertson v Selby semifinal. Willie Thorne is chuckling every time Robertson has an unlucky shot and gushing about Selby. He's assuming the audience is all on Selby's side because he's English. It's seriously making me reach for the mute button. The BBC should be impartial.

Perhaps Willie favours him because they're both from Leicester, its no worse than Griff when he commentates one of 'his lads'
    After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

That's true, and at end of the day it won't affect the outcome of the match. He's reigned it in a bit, now that Neil's got another century.

Comment

willie getting excited again

Comment

I turn the commentary off for another reason: they talk utter ****e! Just mute it in the first place, will drive you insane otherwise.
          "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Yes willie loves selby, always has, have to agree its because he came out of willies Leicester snooker club!,, what does my nut in is ken!! "Think the green is blocking the PAT!!! To the yellow" ,, what is the PAT!!! Grrr!!

Comment

Only consolation is that Willie won't be doing the final. He was praising shots that didn't even go as planned so that crowd would automatically applaud and give Selby encouragement. C'mon Ronnie.

Comment

Originally Posted by weedrummergirl View Post
                I can't believe how pro Selby the commentary team is in the Robertson v Selby semifinal. Willie Thorne is chuckling every time Robertson has an unlucky shot and gushing about Selby. He's assuming the audience is all on Selby's side because he's English. It's seriously making me reach for the mute button. The BBC should be impartial.
                Hello and welcome to the SnookerForum
                mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Originally Posted by weedrummergirl View Post
                  I'm glad somebody else noticed it. I thought I might have been imagining it! It's not just Willie Thorne though, John Virgo was also incredibly pro Selby in two of the other sessions.
                  Not for the first time, I ended up switching to Eurosport.

Comment

Willie has had his tongue so far up Selby's arse he was licking his tonsills!

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                      Willie has had his tongue so far up Selby's arse he was licking his tonsills!
                      hahahahahahha

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
                        I turn the commentary off for another reason: they talk utter ****e! Just mute it in the first place, will drive you insane otherwise.

+1 There's only so many time's you can hear the same spewed facts, i think i can repeat most word for word

Comment

Taylor with his "one of the greatest..........the game has ever seen" quote. You can insert potters, rest player, tactician, break builder, middle bag potter etc.

I swear he comes out with one of these lines for every player

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                            Taylor with his "one of the greatest..........the game has ever seen quote". You can insert potters, rest player, tactician, break builder, middle bag potter etc.

Yep, or the player is always 'blessed' with something: cue power, safety game etc. Drives me up the wall.
                            "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                              Taylor with his "one of the greatest..........the game has ever seen" quote. You can insert potters, rest player, tactician, break builder, middle bag potter etc.

"One of the greatest pots I have ever seen" comments make me believe that if, by any chance, Dennis Taylor could see me playing, I could have pulled out one of those.
                              All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Working...
                              X