Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Latvia host a full ranking event?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Should Latvia host a full ranking event?

    What do people think?

  • #2
    Should Latvia host a full ranking event?

    my vote is yes
    looked well attended just they need to learn how to respond to shots
    if anything they were too quiet
    I think all the players liked as well
    Last edited by DeanH; 10th August 2014, 08:01 PM.
    Up the TSF!

    Comment


    • #3
      All the players are saying what a great tournament its been on Twitter, shame about the lack of live coverage today, so they show it all week and then don't show the final, go figure? Typical Eurosport though really.
      After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes. I actually think all the European tour events should be upgraded to full ranking events. I also seem to remember the Ptcs were originally for 5 years. This season being the last.

        Comment


        • #5
          My mate went out there with a couple of the players' , will speak to him later in the week to see what he thought about it .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by s.h442 View Post
            Yes. I actually think all the European tour events should be upgraded to full ranking events. I also seem to remember the Ptcs were originally for 5 years. This season being the last.
            as Hearn said earlier this year that the PTCs should be phased out and most become full rankers and this has happened in Europe this season with less PTCs already but it always down to money and the principle sponsors.
            But don't forget that these events also allow amateurs an opportunity to gain merit points and an avenue onto to tour that is not the QSchool so a rejig of the qualifying principles will be needed
            Up the TSF!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by neil taperell View Post
              My mate went out there with a couple of the players' , will speak to him later in the week to see what he thought about it .
              I did see Michael Georgiou was out there have you seen him recently?
              Up the TSF!

              Comment


              • #8
                No mate , only spoken to him by text last week . My mate that owns the Club went there to watch .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

                Comment


                • #9
                  I was surprised how well attended it was, is it the first time there? Maybe should wait until a few have been held and the novelty wears off, then you would get a true reflection of how popular snooker is. On the surface though I don't see why not especially when you compare it to some of the poorly attended Asian tourneys.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    I was surprised how well attended it was, is it the first time there? Maybe should wait until a few have been held and the novelty wears off, then you would get a true reflection of how popular snooker is. On the surface though I don't see why not especially when you compare it to some of the poorly attended Asian tourneys.
                    It is the first Pro event there yes, Latvia held the amateur world champs earlier this year (TD attended for Canada and there is a thread somewhere), as you say novelty could be high but I do think there is a good base of interest to keep good audiences.
                    Up the TSF!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X