No announcement yet.

SangSom Six-Red World Championship , Bangkok Sept 1 - 6, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sponsors will love it and advertisers too, frames over quickly +more adds,and I consider myself a purist which is why I don't like the miss rule,the point being Dolly ups and the miss rule make for a unfair outcome,lose one or the other and it would work for me

Comment

4-4 Williams comeback.

Comment

Great game from two masters!
        After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

The last 32 have been listed.

Very interesting mix.

Dominic Dale - Robert Milkins
          DechawatPoomjaeng - Liang Wenbo
          Thepchaiya Un Nooh – Ehsan Hydarinezhad
          Mohammad Asif - Hossein Vafae Ayouri
          Mark Williams – Kacper Filipiak
          Joe Perry - Boonrayit Keattikun
          Graeme Dott - Shachar Ruberg
          Barry Hawkins-Ricky Walden

Stephen Maguire – Ben Judge
          Jamie Clark - Ken Doherty
          Matthew Stevens – Noppon Saengkham
          Michael White –Shaun Murphy
          Ryan Day – Kritsanut Lertsattayathorn
          Mark Davis – Michael Holt
          John Higgins – Kamal Chawla
          James Wattana - Stuart Bingham

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
            I don't like the rule that you aren't allowed to roll up behind a colour.
            Well they can, (just like in Snooker with the Freeball ruling) you can not roll up behind the nominated/ball on, so you can hit the ball on and snooker behind another colour at any time.
            I assume they have this rule to promote fast play
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Good stuff from Poomjaeng, coming from 5-3 down to beat Wenbo 6-5! Can't help but like him, and in front of his home crowd too.

Comment

I was looking forward to watching Bingham v Higgins, Bing said on twitter it was on at 2pm GMT, no sign of it on eurosport? Or has it finished already?

Comment

Some surprises for sure.

Last 16

Dominic Dale 6-3 Dechawat Poomjaeng
                  Ehsan Hydarinezhad 3-6 Hossein Vafaei Ayouri
                  Mark Williams 6-3 Joe Perry
                  Shachar Ruberg 2-6 Ricky Walden
                  Stephen Maguire 6-0 Jamie Rhys Clarke
                  Noppon Saengkham 3-6 Shaun Murphy
                  Kritsanut Lertsattayathorn 6-2 Mark Davis
                  John Higgins 6-5 Stuart Bingham

Comment

Surprised Davis lost, i'll stick the box on tomorrow and hope there is a match being shown on eurosport, pointless looking at the schedule, fingers crossed.

Comment

Random rule. Walden just 'missed' five times and Dominic Dale received cue ball in hand, i.e. he could put it anywhere on the table!

Comment

Quarter-final Results. Quite interesting.

Ricky Walden 7-6 Mark Williams
                        Dominic Dale 7-4 Hossein Vafaei Ayouri
                        Kritsanut Lertsattayathorn 7-4 John Higgins
                        Stephen Maguire 7-4 Shaun Murphy

Comment

Originally Posted by rich45 View Post
                          Random rule. Walden just 'missed' five times and Dominic Dale received cue ball in hand, i.e. he could put it anywhere on the table!
                          I shall have to watch out for this in the highlights later
                          not a random rule in fact it is in the offical rules (of course) and it is after the fourth Miss but only in "no snooker needed".
                          sec Alternative Snooker (6-Reds)
                          1. There will be no more than five consecutive FOUL AND A MISS calls at any one time.
                          2. After four consecutive FOUL AND A MISS calls, the referee will warn the offending player that should a FOUL AND A MISS be called again the following options are available to the non-striker:
                          (i) play himself from where the balls have come to rest;
                          (ii) ask his opponent to play from where the balls have to come to rest;
                          (iii) place the cue ball anywhere on the table, but this option cannot be taken if play has reached the “snookers required” stage.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            I shall have to watch out for this in the highlights later
                            not a random rule in fact it is in the offical rules (of course) and it is after the fourth Miss but only in "no snooker needed".
                            sec Alternative Snooker (6-Reds)
                            1. There will be no more than five consecutive FOUL AND A MISS calls at any one time.
                            2. After four consecutive FOUL AND A MISS calls, the referee will warn the offending player that should a FOUL AND A MISS be called again the following options are available to the non-striker:
                            (i) play himself from where the balls have come to rest;
                            (ii) ask his opponent to play from where the balls have to come to rest;
                            (iii) place the cue ball anywhere on the table, but this option cannot be taken if play has reached the “snookers required” stage.
                            How long has this rule been around? I wonder why it isn't just from the D rather than anywhere on the table?
                            My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

the Alternative 6-Red rules have been in the offical book for some years now, they were in my 2011 version but I am not sure when they actually appeared.
                              I think they did the "any-where on table" part to ensure quick games, just like the "no roll up behind nominated colour" rule, promote quick play.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                                the Alternative 6-Red rules have been in the offical book for some years now, they were in my 2011 version but I am not sure when they actually appeared.
                                I think they did the "any-where on table" part to ensure quick games, just like the "no roll up behind nominated colour" rule, promote quick play.
                                Geez, maybe they should have a two-shot rule too
                                My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                                I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Working...
                                X