X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo
    replied
    Originally Posted by RaveDave View Post
    Ronnie was clearly trolling Judd. Letting him win 5 frames from 9-4 to make it entertaining is why we all love him.
    What are you on about?

Leave a comment:

• crocodile
    replied
    Originally Posted by RaveDave View Post
    Ronnie was clearly trolling Judd. Letting him win 5 frames from 9-4 to make it entertaining is why we all love him.
    Sure, but it could easily have backfired on him ....!

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie's tip
    replied
    Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
    Just arrived back home from watching the final. My god what a session of snooker that was and the atmosphere inside the arena for that final frame decider was just electric.

Actually funny going back in this thread and reading all the 'no possibility of a comeback here' posts. I've been a Judd fan for a few years now and I'm very pleased to see he has proved a lot of his critics wrong tonight. It's completely understandable how people could think that though, at 9-4 down Judd looked like a completely broken man, he was literally sitting in his chair with his head in his hands, no idea how he mustered that sort of comeback.

Ronnie is quite simply a class act though, came out in the final frame and it didn't even look like the comeback had phased him, despite his humble words afterwards saying it did. The snooker behind the green won him the match, as there really was no escape. I also have to say that the run of the balls did favour Ronnie throughout the match, but would still say that the overall best player on the day won.

Roll on The Masters :snooker:
    What was the crowd reactions like? Pro Ronnie or pro Trump?

Leave a comment:

• moose
    replied
    Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    Nobody seems to know, but I think he probably fractured/broke A bone in his ankle rather than snapping the whole ankle joint. Similarly, Hendry always gets credit for winning the worlds with a broken arm, when in fact he apparently fractured a single bone in his arm, not the whole arm.

I wonder if this is O'Sullivan's new schtick though - using the rest of his career playing challenge matches of one kind or another:

First, I'm gonna win the World championship after not playing for a year!
    Then I'm gonna win the UK championship...on a broken ankle...while moving house...in a deciding frame from 9-4 in front...and make a 147!
    If it's ever announced that he's spent 3 weeks in a block of ice or fallen out of a helicopter, I'm calling him to take Hendry's record.
    Hmmm, he said it was a Weber fracture in one of the post-match interviews, didn't he? In medical terms fracture=break, there are just different degrees of it. Obviously his is a minor one, considering how quickly he's improved! Probably playing on painkillers as well though. To be honest given the rate of improvement I thought it was a sprain, but he mentioned he had x-rays done and I'm inclined to believe him until a doctor tells me it's impossible for it to be a fracture. He has no reason to lie, and has repeatedly said that it hasn't affected his play since the third round.

Anyway, enough of the ankle talk, it was a great final from Ronnie and Judd! Tremendous fightback from Judd, but been really impressed with Ronnie's grit and pressure play all week. He's been well below par all tournament, by his standards, but somehow always found a bit of form when he's needed to. It tends to get overshadowed sometimes by the wizardry of his play, but my word he plays some ballsy snooker when the chips are down.

Great tournament overall, had a bit of everything. Especially liked seeing new faces coming through -- I've really taken a shine to Anthony McGill, like his personality and I really hope he kicks on and becomes one of the leading players in the future.

Leave a comment:

• RaveDave
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gavpowell
    replied
    Originally Posted by the montrealer View Post
    HI I thought his ankle was sprained was it really broken no mater what sprained or broken Osullivan was great in the win
    Nobody seems to know, but I think he probably fractured/broke A bone in his ankle rather than snapping the whole ankle joint. Similarly, Hendry always gets credit for winning the worlds with a broken arm, when in fact he apparently fractured a single bone in his arm, not the whole arm.

I wonder if this is O'Sullivan's new schtick though - using the rest of his career playing challenge matches of one kind or another:

First, I'm gonna win the World championship after not playing for a year!
    Then I'm gonna win the UK championship...on a broken ankle...while moving house...in a deciding frame from 9-4 in front...and make a 147!

If it's ever announced that he's spent 3 weeks in a block of ice or fallen out of a helicopter, I'm calling him to take Hendry's record.
    Last edited by gavpowell; 8 December 2014, 03:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cyberheater
    replied
    Originally Posted by brusque View Post
    This is a public forum and I am entitled to my views. You are free to criticize them or disagree with them but dun try to act smarter than u really r
    Actually this is a private forum owned by feret. He can ban anyone of us and we can't do a thing about it.

Leave a comment:

• the montrealer
    replied
    HI I thought his ankle was sprained was it really broken no mater what sprained or broken Osullivan was great in the win

Leave a comment:

• P.Smith
    replied
    Just arrived back home from watching the final. My god what a session of snooker that was and the atmosphere inside the arena for that final frame decider was just electric.

Actually funny going back in this thread and reading all the 'no possibility of a comeback here' posts. I've been a Judd fan for a few years now and I'm very pleased to see he has proved a lot of his critics wrong tonight. It's completely understandable how people could think that though, at 9-4 down Judd looked like a completely broken man, he was literally sitting in his chair with his head in his hands, no idea how he mustered that sort of comeback.

Ronnie is quite simply a class act though, came out in the final frame and it didn't even look like the comeback had phased him, despite his humble words afterwards saying it did. The snooker behind the green won him the match, as there really was no escape. I also have to say that the run of the balls did favour Ronnie throughout the match, but would still say that the overall best player on the day won.

Roll on The Masters :snooker:

Leave a comment:

• walt jabsco
    replied
    My god.... Its took me a wee while too read this from my ps4 but even longer to write...... Who the feck r we to Q the standard between this or that final/comeback. Well done Ronnie and you'll get the crown one day Judd..

Leave a comment:

• gavpowell
    replied
    Because he's a natural talent, plays with flair and aggression, same as Ronnie. But I've been saying for years Trump isn't the new Ronnie, he's more the new Jimmy White.

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie's tip
    replied
    How is Trump a mini-Ronnie? Just because he's entertaining?

They're different players. Only similarity is they're quick and have an attacking game. Stylistically, I think they're different. Trump is destructive, ROS is more of a wizard.

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    Hang on, it wasn't entirely vintage stuff but he came from 5-3 down and won 10-8 with some sensational moments thrown in. 10-8 isn't scraping over the edge.
    I thought the quality of that match was poor. Maybe ROS ended the match with a good break or two but he did that with 3 awesome breaks vs Joe Perry.

Leave a comment:

• robertmac
    replied
    Both players played some great frames, some
    average frames and some poor frames. Neither
    was consistent which is a surprise to me.
    I was expecting several centuries from both
    players and some tight safety play. Either one
    of them could have won it.

Leave a comment:

• vilkrang
    replied
    Ronnie has won the highest percentage of final frame deciders.

Leave a comment:

• gavpowell
    replied
    Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
    ROS played just as bad this time last year. Scraped over the edge in the COC final vs Bingham
    Hang on, it wasn't entirely vintage stuff but he came from 5-3 down and won 10-8 with some sensational moments thrown in. 10-8 isn't scraping over the edge.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X