Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr_Doctor
    replied
    Now that's more like it Judd. Finish it!

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    Yep think maybe I spoke too soon about Judd. Looks like he's falling back to his former demeanor now. I'm gonna hold off for now on any more insightful remarks and see what happens in these next few frames.

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
    Judd is just poor when the pressure is on i think. You can see his facial expressions when he is not happy about anything.He pulls faces and you can see him muttering to himself.Maguire is the same.You never see Ronnie doing that or the great pressure players like Higgins,Hendry and Davis. They don't show how they feel and i think that's why they are great under pressure.They don't let bad bounces or bad runs of the balls eat away at them and i think that's judds downfall.
    then again Ronnie has the luxury of working with someone who helps him mentally. Before Steve Peters worked with him he lost the plot more than anyone in the game, other players don't have that option. Snooker is extremely challenging mentally to deal with pressure or when things aren't going right for you. Today isn't about Judd struggling with pressure, all players play a bad shot now and then even when playing well but today is just down to bad luck, nothing more. If people can't see that then they really don't understand this game.

Leave a comment:

• Alba_
    replied
    Judd is just poor when the pressure is on i think. You can see his facial expressions when he is not happy about anything.He pulls faces and you can see him muttering to himself.Maguire is the same.You never see Ronnie doing that or the great pressure players like Higgins,Hendry and Davis. They don't show how they feel and i think that's why they are great under pressure.They don't let bad bounces or bad runs of the balls eat away at them and i think that's judds downfall.

Leave a comment:

• statto
    replied
    What is Judd playing at, tweeting during the mid session interval. Get your head in the game!

Long potting so far has been exceptional from both players.

Leave a comment:

• robertmac
    replied
    Time for Trump to settle his game and
    win a few frames before the break.

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    Feel a bit for Judd here. Perhaps the match last night took a lot out of him and also the run of the ball simply not going his way so far.

Ronnie has relied heavily on Judds bad run in getting chances and feeding off Judd's misfortune. It started in the very first frame when Ronnie should have gone in off and the white stayed in the jaws, then he played a weak safety and the blue covered the red near the pocket and the run has pretty much stayed the same every frame.
    At this level run if often the determining factor in the outcome and unless things completely reverse I can't see anything other than Ronnie running away with an easy 10-2/3 win.

Leave a comment:

• gavpowell
    replied
    Originally Posted by daffie View Post
    Darn The Masters draw just put Selby against Murphy in the first round...2 of my favorite players and 1 will be going home right away
    Murphy usually does poorly at the Masters, so expect Selby to come through.

Now I've said that, Murphy is Masters champion 2015.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by Dr_Doctor View Post
    Phew! Very interesting to hear Judd saying he was scared in the post-match interview. You better play on instinct tomorrow, Judd.
    Yes, I thought that was a very telling admission, maybe one he should have kept to himself.

-

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    Darn The Masters draw just put Selby against Murphy in the first round...2 of my favorite players and 1 will be going home right away

Leave a comment:

• Dr_Doctor
    replied
    Judging from the montage, I swear JV is turning into a football commentator.

Leave a comment:

• cebs
    replied
    Didn't know we were getting this draw today, nice bonus.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by Dr_Doctor View Post
    **Sigh** I wish the BBC would stop over-exposing that fractured ankle.
    Not exactly hobbling around the table in plaster is he.

-

Leave a comment:

• cebs
    replied
    Front row Brian to me is the guy who always wears a football top and is always at the WC with his dad or wife right next to the player's seat. They were also at the masters and CoC so I was surprised not to see them here at least today.

There is another guy from Australia who is on the front row for the entire WC, I saw him collect his tickets this year and couldn't believe the size of the stack.

Leave a comment:

• Dr_Doctor
    replied
    **Sigh** I wish the BBC would stop mention that fractured ankle.
    Last edited by Dr_Doctor; 7 December 2014, 02:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X