World Grand Prix - 16-22 Mar 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Grand Prix - 16-22 Mar 2015

Anyone know anything about this event? I may take a wander up there so was wondering about
    the format etc.

There's a bit about it on worldsnooker.com:

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/Wor...129130,00.html

But nothing too specific.

Ta.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

An interesting tournament with the top 32 selected.
    I am surprised I didnt see Ding in the list of players.

The ITV4-televised event will feature 32 players from a unique ranking list running from the 2014 World Championship to the 2015 Gdynia Open. The total prize fund will be £300,000 with the winner to collect the trophy and £100,000.

Comment

All matches up to and including Quarter finals are best of seven. Which is a shame, because I prefer longer matches. And there's a break in play on Thursday. I assume that because it's on ITV4, I assume they're showing Europa League on Thursday instead.

Saying that, I'm not at work that week, and am quite looking forward to it. There's a 1pm session and 7pm session each day of play. It's an Invitation Event, so not ranking points available, but a lot of money. The first few days will pretty much see a bunch of matches squeezed in by day. Might be good, the ITV 4 coverage is always excellent. And the advantage of a break day is, I guess, you don't get too snookered out watching it.

If nothing else, it's an excuse to slob about and watch snooker.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
        All matches up to and including Quarter finals are best of seven. Which is a shame...
        Thanks for that. Yes it is a shame, was hoping for longer sessions than that. Any idea about QFs and after?

-
        The slow and labourious,

Comment

Hm, dunno the invitations or how does it work. However no MJW, no Matthew Stevens ....maybe two biggest Welsh players also not there?

this is Grand Prix Qualification list, but it does not match:
          http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFi...~181527,00.pdf
          Last edited by Hal; 21 January 2015, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            Thanks for that. Yes it is a shame, was hoping for longer sessions than that. Any idea about QFs and after?

-
            Quarter Finals are best of seven, and all fit into one day. (Friday)

On Saturday there are two best of 11 semis, and Sunday there is a best of 19 final.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
              Quarter Finals are best of seven, and all fit into one day. (Friday)

On Saturday there are two best of 11 semis, and Sunday there is a best of 19 final.
              That's not too bad. Thanks very much SF.

-
              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
              X