Indian/China Open Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian/China Open Qualifiers

The calendar say the Indian/China Open qualifers are in Barnsley this year. Having never been to the Barnsley Metrodome can anyone fill me in on what it will be like to go as a spectator? Presume the public can go.
    Also when will they do the draw?

Oh no! Is that the place with the swimming pool that all the players were complaining about last year? Noisy, roasting hot, and loads of kicks I seem to remember?
    I know there's a bar because apparently spectators were continually walking past tables while matches were on to go to and from the bar.
    In fairness though, while the players were less than impressed, I think its good for spectators. You can watch a few tables at once, and isn't it usually free to go to qualifiers too? If not free, its very cheap!
    Great chance to see some top players - especially as they've all got to qualify now so all the top players should be there.

Comment

Sounds like an interesting experience! Quite a fan of being able to watch multiple tables at once. Will be popping down.

Comment

Yeah if it was nearer I definitely think I'd go too. Great chance to see a whole load of top players!

Comment

From the picture's I'm looking at of the Barnsley Metrodome there's at least 9 snooker tables there also with seating,they could have staged a PTC there,I'm sure there would have been no shortage of entrants.
          'Barnsley' sounds synonymous to snooker like John Smith's Yorkshire Bitter and Yorkshire Pudding to the county,almost like the home of snooker itself,umm yes thats because Sheffield's only ten miles away !!

Comment

China Open Qualifiers
            just seen Michael Leslie beat Mark Allen 5-1, well done the World #116
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yes quite a shock for Allen. Robertson won and there
              are plenty of good matches to watch.
              Then of course there is the Welsh Open following the
              qualifiers.

Comment

Brecel - Sullivan in 90 minutes .... go Luca!

Comment

Originally Posted by robertmac View Post
                  Yes quite a shock for Allen. Robertson won and there
                  are plenty of good matches to watch.
                  Then of course there is the Welsh Open following the
                  qualifiers.
                  yep, several still going on but not on the TV tables
                  I will be hitting the road first thing Monday to Cardiff

Originally Posted by Hal View Post
                  Brecel - Sullivan in 90 minutes .... go Luca!
                  looking forward o watching Murphy vs Igor Figueiredo, seen Igor a few times and he has a powerful action...

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    looking forward o watching Murphy vs Igor Figueiredo, seen Igor a few times and he has a powerful action...
                    Well the second match also looks great, but honestly I think Luca is the best young european prospect and I want to see him, as he is struggling a lot to get to televised stages, which is pretty bad. I think i will keep eye on both matches, but I will prefer Brecel one for the reasons I said I like Shaun and Igor of course also ....

Comment

I will have both tables on the screen
                      Luca seems to not have produced anything like people have said he should, and I have not seen anything that has impressed me much really

good luck to him against ROS

Comment

Well, he is only 19, so I guess he has some time left to show us how good is he

Comment

Originally Posted by Hal View Post
                          Well, he is only 19, so I guess he has some time left to show us how good is he
                          true, true
                          but he has had several years on the tour....

good luck to him

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            true, true
                            but he has had several years on the tour....

good luck to him
                            It often happens that a player suddenly goes up a level though, instead of a gradual improvement over a longer period. It took Trump four seasons to reach a major semi-final, in a tournament with a random draw and with the help of a walkover along the way. It took him six seasons to win a major title, without any warning really, at a time when people were starting to write him off. While I'm not impressed by Brecel either, it wouldn't surprise me if things suddenly clicked for him. :smile:

Comment

Should be a quick match.

I'm off to a neighbours house at 3 for beers and nibbles so will watch the end of this match later.

Comment

Working...
                              X