X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gdynia Open (ET6) Feb 25 to Mar 1, 2015

It looks like World Snooker will be covering this
    tournament starting Feb 27 however it doesnt
    mention if there will be 1 or 2 TV tables.
    It will be very interesting to see how the top
    players perform after their dismal showing in
    Wales.

Eurosport has coverage from friday onwards, so I'm looking forward to some good snooker at the end of this week

Comment

Can't be worse than the Welsh Open.

Comment

Yep. Starts at 8:30am on Eurosport 2 for folks in the UK.

Comment

Poland is 6 hours time difference (UK is 5) so the early
          matches will have to be good ones for me to wake up
          early to watch them.
          Saturday has Robertson and Trump so that will be a more
          interesting day for me but friday has a few good matches
          as well. It will be interesting to see who makes it past
          the first couple of sessions.

Best of 7 to start. Unfortunately 1 TV table only it seems.
          Last edited by robertmac; 26 February 2015, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Dunno how much of this I'll get to see, but like most PTCs I'll probably tune in and out and catch the odd match or frame.

I keep telling myself that one time, I'm going to book a Friday off work, get a box of beer in and spend a whole weekend watching every second of a PTC. Won't be this weekend, as after visiting Cardiff and having a fried breakfast every day, and spending most of my time between matches drinking beer, I got on the scales and they almost exploded.

A week off for the Masters, then Cardiff, got a week off in March to watch the World Grand Prix. It's going to be August by the time I get my Christmas weight off.

Comment

haha...it can be hard work being a snooker fan eh?

I keep telling myself one day I'll book a flight (or train) across the channel to watch some actual live snooker (in an arena), possibly at the World Championship. But up until now I haven't made myself do that just yet. I think for me somewhere there's a feeling it may be a let-down of some sorts after watching snooker on television exclusively for 30 odd years

Comment

I See Marco has been given a walkover against Vinnie Calabrese, and Vinnie Calabrese name is also missing from the World ranking list on the World snooker website, has he been suspended or given up is tour place, because I can't find any information on the internet about why is name is missing or is it a mistake by world Snooker on the rankings. I also see Jason Weston made the final qualifying round as well losing out to Gareth Allen 4-2, Jason Weston was on the main tour in the early 90's.
                Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
                  I See Marco has been given a walkover against Vinnie Calabrese, and Vinnie Calabrese name is also missing from the World ranking list on the World snooker website, has he been suspended or given up is tour place, because I can't find any information on the internet about why is name is missing or is it a mistake by world Snooker on the rankings. I also see Jason Weston made the final qualifying round as well losing out to Gareth Allen 4-2, Jason Weston was on the main tour in the early 90's.
                  Was mentioned just the other day mate
                  http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...167#post827167
                  http://www.prosnookerblog.com/2015/0...gns-tour-card/

Comment

The snooker has just kicked off on Eurosport guys.

Comment

Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
                      Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
                        Yep, I'm watching it now - Selby v McLeod

Comment

yep, on it already

I noticed that hahasport has four (plus one betting) links but all to the same match, so the hope of multiple TV tables quickly dashed to only one
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

The one TV table is absolutely terrible in this day in age. This way you always miss the match you really want to see as they always show the same players. It's a travesty really as there are always great games on the other tables that are missed like Mags and Robertson and Trumps 147 v selby from the German masters for example. Eurosport must have the blockers on streaming the other matches at least.

Comment

Anyone else notice the badge murdo has on?

Comment

Working...
                              X