• Show
Clear All

• The World Grand Prix Mar 16-22, 2015

The top 32 players will be looking to win the
    £100,000 top prize in North Wales. Matches will
    be best of 7 with the SF's being best of 11 and
    the finals best of 19. It appears there will be 2
    TV tables which will be great.

We've already had 2 invitation events the Champion of Champions and the Masters,all pro's should have had to qualify for this imo.

Comment

The did qualify, they're in the top 32.
      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I got a box of twenty cans of cheap lager from Sainsburys in for this event. :distracted:

Some of which might get drunk early when the boxing is on Eurosport on Friday night. :hurt:

Comment

There are so many tournaments that I believe its good
          to have a few where the top players are rewarded for
          their hard work and winning.

It gives all players something to work towards.

Comment

They did qualify its not the top 32 in the Rankings its similar to qualifying for the PTC grand finals its a different ranking list

EDIT: For instance Luca Brecel has qualified for this and hes not in the top 32
            Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

they qualified by their prize money from 2014 World through to 2015 Gdynia, so not the full two-year World rankings
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Next week, I will spend most of my time drinking beer and watching snooker. The rest of the time, I shall just waste.

Comment

This should be a fantastic tournament with the big names
                  and 2 TV tables and several players such as Murphy, Williams,
                  Maguire and White have stepped up their games considerably.
                  Seven days of snooker sounds good to me.

Hopefully Odrl will provide us with his excellent analysis.
                  Last edited by robertmac; 15 March 2015, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by robertmac View Post
                    This should be a fantastic tournament with the big names
                    and 2 TV tables and several players such as Murphy, Williams,
                    Maguire and White have stepped up their games considerably.
                    Seven days of snooker sounds good to me.

Hopefully Odrl will provide us with his excellent analysis.
                    Honestly, I wasn't planning to.

It looks like it could be an interesting tournament though, so maybe worth having a little look at the draw. The business end in particular should be good, as the matches get longer. Unfortunately I have an annoyingly busy day tomorrow, so it won't be until the evening. :smile:

Comment

Does Anyone know if the prize money won in the 2013 Haikou World Open will be removed from the players order of merit after or before this event, or as the prize money already been removed because the event was played between the 25 February - 3rd March 2013. Because it no longer played, The 2013 Event was won By Mark Allen who will have £85,000 removed from his order of merit and Matthew Stevens will have £35,000 removed, and this could see Matthew probably drop out of the top 32 as well. which is a shame to see because he is a lot better player then his ranking, let's hope he can improve his game and get back in the top 32.
                      Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                        Next week, I will spend most of my time drinking beer and watching snooker. The rest of the time, I shall just waste.
                        Wow I love reading your inspiring comments. Keep it up.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
                          Does Anyone know if the prize money won in the 2013 Haikou World Open will be removed from the players order of merit after or before this event, or as the prize money already been removed because the event was played between the 25 February - 3rd March 2013. Because it no longer played, The 2013 Event was won By Mark Allen who will have £85,000 removed from his order of merit and Matthew Stevens will have £35,000 removed, and this could see Matthew probably drop out of the top 32 as well. which is a shame to see because he is a lot better player then his ranking, let's hope he can improve his game and get back in the top 32.
                          The prize money from the 2013 Haikou World Open has already been removed from the World Ranking (2yr listing) the World Snooker Seeding Cut Off with when money is added and removed states this to be 2nd Feb 2015 (but I have noticed that they are not rigid on the dates in this file).

The prize money from this event is not included in any other ranking list as far as I am aware?
                          You say "... the players Order of Merit..." did you mean the World Ranking listing?
                          The PTC OoM is not affected as the Haikou is not a PTC event.
                          The World Grand Prix is not affected as only the money from 2014 WSC through to 2015 Gdynia are included for this event.

Comment

Day 1 has some interesting matchups:

Maguire vs Guodong
                            Robertson vs Brecel
                            Allen vs Wenbo

Looking forward to some great snooker.

Unfortunately this was posted on Inside Snooker so
                            it looks like there will NOT be 2 TV tables all the time.

The tournament kicks off on Monday afternoon with world champion Mark Selby against Michael Holt, who took the last place in the 32-man ranking list used to determine the qualifiers.

Stephen Maguire, who has been dragged into the fight for a Crucible seeding, is looking for a confidence boost and plays the second TV match of the day against China’s Xiao Guodong.

At night, the televised matches are Neil Robertson against 20 year-old Belgian Luca Brecel and Ronnie O’Sullivan – who has won the two stagings of the Champion of Champions – tackles Liverpudlian Rod Lawler.

Table two will not be covered in full but there will be a camera on it monitoring developments.
                            Last edited by robertmac; 15 March 2015, 09:36 PM.

Comment

The World Grand Prix Mar 16-22, 2015

that usually means, like the Welsh Open and others, table 1 has a static camera, three manned mobile cameras by the table and one manned high-zoom camera; where table 2 has one static camera to record for later transmission
                              sometimes the mobile cameras will move to table 2 when action finishes one T1

Comment

Working...
                              X