No announcement yet.

China Open 2015, Mar 30 - Apr 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't remember a Kurt Maflin match since a world championship I think last 48 qualifier against Peter Ebdon where there were comments Ebdon's friend a restaurant manager was clapping when KM didn't play good shots or something to that effect,didn't think he was that high on the rankings too so congrats to him.

Comment

Just watched re-run of Selby vs Milkins......Mark doesn't look to be timing the ball too well, over playing some, under hitting others, just by a little.....but in a game where a 1/4 inch out of position could spell disaster, lets hope he gets in right for Sheffield..

Fingers Crossed!
      Safety doesn't win frames.......Potting does!

Comment

Originally Posted by cebs View Post
        Cheers,

Can you only.get eurosport on sky?

Any freeview options? Guess one is buy app and throw it to.the screen.
        No, Virgin Media lets u have it too.....

Comment

Much as I dislike the man, I have to admit that with his confidence restored it seems like the Higgins B game is still good enough to win tournaments. Would not be surprised at him taking the trophy this week.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dozza19792 View Post
            Just watched re-run of Selby vs Milkins......Mark doesn't look to be timing the ball too well, over playing some, under hitting others, just by a little.....but in a game where a 1/4 inch out of position could spell disaster, lets hope he gets in right for Sheffield..

Fingers Crossed!
            In retrospect it seems that its not just Selby.....seems the table in China seems just a bit off, whether that's the heat, who knows.....

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
              Much as I dislike the man, I have to admit that with his confidence restored it seems like the Higgins B game is still good enough to win tournaments. Would not be surprised at him taking the trophy this week.
              Does your dislike stem from the match fixing issue from a few years back?

If so I can understand.....though I believe it was naiveity that caught him out rather than premeditated wrong doing!

**apologies for any spelling mistakes**

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                Maflin beats Murphy, what a great result for him
                Yeah great result for Kurt! Too bad Selby is out...but hey I still have JH... Final frame decider coming up now!

Comment

another decider

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                  Too bad Selby is out...
                  mmmm

Comment

Originally Posted by Dozza19792 View Post
                    Does your dislike stem from the match fixing issue from a few years back?

If so I can understand.....though I believe it was naiveity that caught him out rather than premeditated wrong doing!

**apologies for any spelling mistakes**
                    Yes it does, although I want to add that I am not trying to start that debate up again. And I agree about the naivety. In fairness to Higgins, my dislike is more about the way he was so lightly punished because of his status in the game (compared with other wrongdoers) rather than what he did/didn't do. In my opinion, Higgins is also the third best to ever play the game, so credit where it's due also.

Comment

• that was dramatic..

Comment

• What a heartbreaker ... what a match .. am glad though that fluke did not decide it .. Higgins bottled it .. Higgins of old would not have in a million years ... utterly enjoyable match though

Comment

• Yeah, great entertainment this afternoon. There was some high-quality snooker in the middle of the match and some nervy stuff in the decider. When Ding potted that slow long red and got on the black I thought he would win it in one visit, like he did so many times last season, but he was lucky to come through in the end. If that cannon had worked out a little better for Higgins, or indeed if that fluke to the middle caught the knuckle instead... But it's nice to see Ding catching a break for once, particularly after all the bad luck he had against Day in that German Masters finish.

For some reason the China Open always provides a good final match-up, and everything points to a Ding-Selby final here, the two players who played Robertson in the last two finals here. Having said that, the underdogs seemed to have played well so far, so you never know... :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by streamer45 View Post
                            mmmm
                            hmm...indeed. Weird, was sure I had read Selby had lost...good stuff then, the man is still in. Should be a great match tomorrow against Maflin.
                            Last edited by daffie; 3 April 2015, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Damn that was some decider between JH and Ding. Great entertainment indeed!

Btw somehow I seem to have picked up somewhere that Selby had lost today...weird! (must be I'm working too hard ) Glad to see he's still in!!!

Let's have the Final between Ding and Selby then shall we....
                              Last edited by daffie; 3 April 2015, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                                Damn that was some decider between JH and Ding. Great entertainment indeed!

Btw somehow I seem to have picked up somewhere that Selby had lost today...weird! (must be I'm working too hard ) Glad to see he's still in!!!

Let's have the Final between Ding and Selby then shall we....
                                Those are my two favourite players so it would be good if they both made it through. Higgins was unlucky at the end although I was amazed when he put Ding back in with ball in hand and the red out in the open for a possible telling safety. I know he couldn't anticipate the fluke, but I would rather be in control than pass it over. As we all know, 'stuff' happens...
                                Last edited by ghost121; 3 April 2015, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X