2015 World Chanpionship Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 World Chanpionship Qualifiers

Does Anybody know how the seeding for the 2015 World championship qualifiers will work and how the draw will be made, will it be done like the final stages at Sheffield I.E. N0 1 seed V N0 16 seed scheduled to play each other in the last 16. this would mean seed N0 17 will play seed N0 128 (Or seed N0 144) in Round One, or will it be a random draw between the players Seeded 17 - 64 (or 17 - 80) to be randomly drawn against the players Seeded 65-128. (or 81 -144, 16 invited players included in this section) so the 16 Invited players, will also have to play three qualifying matches.

So This Would mean

Round 1 - Seeds 17 - 80 To Play Seeds 81-144 (Last 144)
    Round 2 - 64 Winners To Play Winners From (I.E Winner One Of Match V Winner Of Match Two) (Last 80)
    Round 3 - 32 Winners To Play Winners (I.E Winner Of Match One V Winner Of Match Two) (Last 48)
    Winners Of The Last 32 Qualifiers, Will Qualify For The Crucible Theatre and will be randomly drawn against a player seeded N0 1 - 16.

Also which former world champions have entered the competition and who are the other invited players, I know 10 Times World ladies Champion Reanne Evans as accepted her invitation to play in the event.

Also which top up players will be amongst the qualifiers as well. because Vinnie Calabrese gave up his Tour card so he could enter the 2015 Oceania Championship, which he won and qualified for the main tour next season (story here http://www.prosnookerblog.com/2015/0...n-tour-return/) I don't know your feelings on this. Also will Steve Davis be Invited to play in the Tournament as a invitational player or a Top up player.

hope you can Help with this

Thanks Mr Snooker
    Last edited by Mr Snooker; 1 April 2015, 05:26 PM.
    Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

2015 World Chanpionship Qualifiers

Vinnie Calabrese - I thought his move was quite sensible as he now has a two year ticket instead of dropping off for at least a year. Sensible as in for someone who wants to be on the tour, others have questioned his reasoning but for a person who wants to stay on tour, good move
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      Vinnie Calabrese - I thought his move was quite sensible as he now has a two year ticket instead of dropping off for at least a year. Sensible as in for someone who wants to be on the tour, others have questioned his reasoning but for a person who wants to stay on tour, good move
      It was a good move (given he won the Oceania) but I think some people didn't think it was in the 'spirit of the game' dropping his pro status to enter an amateur event so he could get another 2 year ticket.

Still, I am pleased to see him back on the circuit. Hopefully he does better this time around.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
        It was a good move (given he won the Oceania) but I think some people didn't think it was in the 'spirit of the game' dropping his pro status to enter an amateur event so he could get another 2 year ticket.

Still, I am pleased to see him back on the circuit. Hopefully he does better this time around.

It's not up to Vinnie to make the rules. He made the sensible choice with the options he had available. Fair play I say.
        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Did Hendry turn up for that free pass into the Worlds or has he bottled it again?

Comment

What a stupid post . As my Mother used to say ' If you don't have anything nice to say ......don't say anything at all '
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
              It's not up to Vinnie to make the rules. He made the sensible choice with the options he had available. Fair play I say.
              Yeah I'm with you because in the end he wants to compete in professional snooker and the choice to drop off the tour and get another two-year card was the most rational one but he could have made a huge embarrassment of himself if he didn't win. As long as it doesn't go against the rules I'm okay with that.
              #Age: 22 HB#: 82 #Cue: Mike Wooldridge Vintage Cue # Tip: Mike Wooldridge BlackSpin #Best performance in tournament: Semi-final in an "open to all" Swedish tournament 2015, Swedish U16 tournament champion October 2007 #Current rank in Sweden: 15

Comment

Well he now has another 2 years to get his nut down and become a player , otherwise time to change career .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I hope Jimmy gets through to the world championship

Comment

I hope Tony Drago gets through

Comment

Crucible Seeds Finally Confirmed link here http://www.prosnookerblog.com/2015/0...le/#more-46122
                      http://www.prosnookerblog.com/2015/0...lly-confirmed/

I understand the 1st round will be a random draw, with players seeded 17th-80 randomly draw against the players seeded 81-144,and if both N0's 17th and 80th Seed win their opening matches they will play each other in round two for example seeds 17 and 80 win their opening round matches, they will then face each other in the second round, 18 and 79, 19 and 78 and so on. I am Still not sure which ex world champions have entered and who the top up cards are. I think the draw is made tomorrow.
                      Last edited by Mr Snooker; 6 April 2015, 07:38 AM.
                      Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

I hope they do the draw soon as I am interested
                        in who is playing who. World Snooker is covering
                        it starting on the 8th however only 1 TV table it
                        seems.

Comment

Working...
                        X