2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship Qualifying Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship Qualifying Draw

I think that Jimmy could be ok due to his OoM off the ET.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      I think that Jimmy could be ok due to his OoM off the ET.
      Yea hes safe because of the european standings, but still fighting to keep his ranking points and get back up to top 64, needs to qualify to do that.
      Starting next season on 0 points will be hard.

(hopefully wattana pulls out) lol
      Blown away

Comment

Originally Posted by Siz View Post
        I don't see what 'fairness' has to do with it. This is a professional game. It's about money, which means sponsorship, which means TV viewers. And for maximum TV viewers, as JIM096 says, you need the familiar 'faces'.

I never saw what Hearn was trying to with flatter draws. The old system was much better IMO. Yes, it took longer for a new pro to rise through the ranks; but once he made it, the draw 'ladder' behind him gave him a bit of protection against temporary loss of form. That system helped to select those who were good enough, and then give them a reasonable chance of making a career out of it (albeit not a long one). A knock-on effect was that it was better at producing some continuity as far as who was appearing on TV sporting soap opera that the pro game represents. That gives a very important narrative thread for the casual TV snooker viewer.
        Thanks Siz. Have to disagree with you on one point though. I think the old tiered qualifying system was manifestly unfair to the lower ranked, and overly protective of players who didn't need it. In that system, players still accumulated points for losing, which meant that the odd win here and there was enough to keep their seeding. In my opinion, this is the main reason there has been so few newcomers climbing the rankings.

I think Hearn's flat draw scheme has gone too far the other way, and we now have situations where a new player could face a top 4 seed in every single event over a season. Also, we have the likes of Ding Junhui not even qualifying for his own events(!) So I think the 144-entry WC system is a perfect balance. Yet there are at least 2 top-32 players currently on twitter crying like spoilt, over-entitled children about how 'unfair' it is. LOL!

Comment

Originally Posted by jw147 View Post
          Call me biased or whatever, but i think its unfair that wattana, a player who has given up his tour card, will play jimmy, a player fighting for his tour life.
          I'd have to agree its only a bit of luck James Wattana wasn't drawn against someone who needed the qualifying points to stay on tour e.g. Marcus Campbell or Robin Hull,besides tbf Wattana has had umpteen bites at the cherry and isn't Thailand a snooker hotbed ? They could have gave it to a talented up and coming Thai but there ya go.

Comment

Reanne Evans vs Ken Doherty.

Who shall win this match, I say?

Comment

Qualifiers starts in 30 minutes . . . excited !!

Any links to coverage???

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

i see that hahasport.com has one table listed at the mo

Comment

i see that hahasport.com has one table listed at the mo
                  link doesn't seem to work
                  My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

at the office at the mo and cant access the link anyway (corp. block), anyone got a link that works?
                    I am just "watching" on the LiveScores

Comment

Any links for the World qualifiers, only one on Haha sport at the moment is the unibet TV for which you have to sign in for to unibet TV
                      Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

at the office at the mo and cant access the link anyway (corp. block), anyone got a link that works?
                        20 minutes of searching and zilch.

So just "watching" on the livescores too

Comment

Also does anyone know of any links or websites streaming for the qualifiers you don't have to give your details or subscribe to or pay to view.
                          Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

http://www.worldsnooker.livesport.tv is only £3 a month, well worth it for these quals.

Quite a tense first frame finish of the Duffy v Gould match, Duffy comes out on top after a few very nice snookers and he's looking good for frame 2 atm.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Michael White is having a mare 3 nil down already .
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

If Martin Gould and Michael White loses then this format sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X