No announcement yet.

2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship Qualifying Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lu Ning had a touching ball on the yellow after potting a red. He played away without nominating and the ref called a foul and 7 points to Ebdon. Lu Ning objected strongly and the ref then awarded the frame to Ebdon. Ref has reset the balls but it appears they are still arguing about the situation. Presumably Lu Ning is claiming he did nominate and the ref didn't hear it.
    Last edited by ghost121; 8 April 2015, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I'd actually rather see Ebdon vs Lawler in a best of 19.

Comment

Peter Ebdon should have just played from where Lu Ning left him, that's if he heard Lu nominating

Comment

Originally Posted by davcab92 View Post
          Peter Ebdon should have just played from where Lu Ning left him, that's if he heard Lu nominating
          I thiink Peter goes into a tantric trance between shots. Conserves energy .

Comment

The ref was correct really.
            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

That's unfortunate the ref didnt hear it or it wasnt
              called but arguing has its limits and there is no
              point in crossing the line and losing the frame.

Comment

so lets get this right lu ning was docked the frame because he took his complaints too far?

Comment

yes, the ref mentioned something about giving him 20 seconds to play his next shot, Lu Ning continued to argue and the ref gave the frame away to Ebdon

Comment

wow, never heard of that being enforced by a ref before. Wonder if the refs have been given new guidance over slow play and general player behaviour?

Comment

2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship Qualifying Draw

when a player nominates doesn't the ref repeat the nomination so that the player knows he heard him? Ebdon and McLeod used to play at the same club so think they practised together but not sure they have met in a televised match.
                      coaching is not just for the pros
                      www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

Originally Posted by davcab92 View Post
                        yes, the ref mentioned something about giving him 20 seconds to play his next shot, Lu Ning continued to argue and the ref gave the frame away to Ebdon
                        Given that his English is terrible I hope he spoke to the player in Chinese - I think it unfair to enforce that rule here.

Comment

Any working streams please?

Comment

http://www.douyutv.com/fri2 working for me
                            http://www.douyutv.com/fri1 nothing at the mo

hahasport.com did work earlier but the non-betting site link disappeared during the Gould/Duffy match
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              http://www.douyutv.com/fri2 working for me
                              http://www.douyutv.com/fri1 nothing at the mo

hahasport.com did work earlier but the non-betting site link disappeared during the Gould/Duffy match
                              Thanks Dean. I have tried the /fr1 before I asked, cause I saw it posted here earlier, and it did not work.
                              One link does work, /fr2 ....

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                                someone should book them for a night day night day night day night day exhibition - liven it up by getting Rod Lawler to do trick shots during the mid session intervil

I can tell this Ebdon game is hard to watch - my screen froze and I did not realize they had stopped playing for five minutes
                                Behave man I need to take Tramadol now for the acute side pain
                                It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Working...
                                X