X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was it really necessary for shaun to look so bemused over that missed green

Comment

• I can't see Bingham losing this.

Definitely one of the better finals this.

Comment

• Murphy might be a bigger moron than Trump. Both of them are terrible when it comes to tactical awareness.

Comment

• Murphy has no response. He has to win the final session 7-3 or better. Can't see it happening. Great stuff from Bingham, just carrying on doing what he has to do. Very strong mentally throughout this tournament.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
            I can't see Bingham losing this.

Definitely one of the better finals this.
            Still too early to say. A new session can change things dramatically. Murphy might come out all gun blazing and not miss a single ball for a few frames. Who knows.

Comment

• Great, great match so far. So pleased for Stuart!
              To all of you wondering how come he looks so great, he already had his bad session in first round. There I remember, he never really looked to make it so far as he did.

Comment

• Originally Posted by nYLo View Post
                edit: And again they show that 1 red / 1 black break thing. Thats pretty strange and early imo
                The graphics guy must have a bet at the bookies on a 147 in the final...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                  Well, I turned off the Masters rather than watch Murphy lift the trophy, and I can see myself doing the same here.
                  Oh Billy, I hope you haven't! :concern:

-
                  The fast and the furious,
                  The slow and labourious,
                  All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                    Oh Billy, I hope you haven't! :concern:

-
                    Not since Stuart overcame that initial 4 frame deficit right at the start of the match. Although I have been out all afternoon cutting a bowling green, so I've not seen any of this afternoon's play. I was hoping to catch the last hour or so, but they appear to have finished early.

So what score is it?
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• This has been a really enjoyable final so far, and a great performance from Bingham in the third session to take control of the match.

I think the commentators are over-stating what a "big underdog" he is though. They are both tournament winners this season and very close in the rankings, so I'm not sure where all that is coming from. The fact that Murphy won this title ten years ago doesn't exactly give him a huge edge when it comes to dealing with the pressure, does it? It was easy when he didn't really have an opponent in the semi-finals, but he is being put under pressure here, and so far he is not dealing with it all that well.

There is still time though, and the final session should be brilliant. Surely there will be at least a little wobble from Bingham? :smile:

Comment

Not since Stuart overcame that initial 4 frame deficit right at the start of the match. Although I have been out all afternoon cutting a bowling green, so I've not seen any of this afternoon's play. I was hoping to catch the last hour or so, but they appear to have finished early.

So what score is it?
                        11 - 14 to Bingsy mate, he's been magnificent!

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Bingham appeared at the start to be happy to be
                          in the finals and win or lose he felt he would just
                          go out and play his best. This has taken a lot of
                          pressure off of himself and he seems to be quite
                          calm considering everything. Being the underdog
                          has probably helped as well.
                          If he wins he certainly deserves it.
                          The last session will be quite the finale whoever wins.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                            11 - 14 to Bingsy mate, he's been magnificent!

-
                            Back of the pocket! Good stuff
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Back of the pocket! Good stuff
                              Absolutely! And you'll be pleased to hear that at the moment Shaun isn't coping too well with the pressure being applied to him by Stu, but I can't promise it will stay that way. Worth the punt though isn't it? Hope you stay with it. :encouragement:

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

• We all know what this means to Bingham, so surely he can't stay so calm as the winning line approaches. Having said that, he's been great under pressure all tournament.
                                Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X