• So many empty first row seats....

Yet sold out according to the website.

Think McGill has this one.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cebs View Post
      So many empty first row seats....

Yet sold out according to the website.

Think McGill has this one.
      I'm rooting for him anyway...would be nice to see him advance to the next round. Maguire needs to keep his evil-twin under wraps

Comment

• I hope Ding can go far this year. All the way would be nice.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Two questions:-

1. Have they ditched the bar thing. I've not noticed it today.

2. Where the hell is snooker on Eurosport 2. It's some motor racing crap.

EDIT. 28 mins late Eurosport. 28 effing minutes late. Seethe...
          Last edited by cyberheater; 19 April 2015, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
            Two questions:-

1. Have they ditched the bar thing.
            Bar thing ?

There's an old woman in the front row of the audience of the McGill v Maguire match; white hair, glasses. She's one of those well known audience faces, but when she's not asleep, she looks bored sh*tless! She reminds of those pensioners who go to watch the afternoon matinee at their local cinema. Absolutely no interest in the film, but it beats sitting in the park feeding the ducks.

I'll never understand some fans.
            Last edited by Billy; 19 April 2015, 06:48 PM.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
              Two questions:-

1. Have they ditched the bar thing. I've not noticed it today.

2. Where the hell is snooker on Eurosport 2. It's some motor racing crap.

EDIT. 28 mins late Eurosport. 28 effing minutes late. Seethe...
              Yep haven't seen *the bar* since day one...here's hoping it's somewhere down the deep end of the ocean...never to be see again

Anthony could and probably should win this match with Mags beating himself up as usual

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                Bar thing ?

There's an old woman in the front row of the audience of the McGill v Maguire match; white hair, glasses. She's one of those well known audience faces, but when she's not asleep, she looks bored sh*tless!

I'll never understand some fans.
                Have you ever tried sitting still for a fortnight and having to be motionless and silent?

As a veteran season-ticket holder at the Crucible, I can confirm that it is very difficult to look like you're (a) awake and (b) enjoying yourself, let alone (c) both! I've been going since 1994 and I don't think I've once looked like I want to be there.
                Last edited by The Statman; 19 April 2015, 06:52 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                  Bar thing ? ....
                  I take it you weren't watching yesterday

Comment

• Don't think many people can go for the whole two weeks or imagine others do but I do find it funny that regulars seem bored on day one or two.

What I don't get is front row Brian seems to swap tables quite often but is always next to the player's chair.

Does he has a season ticket or just buy on day one and gets lucky?

The second option seems unlikely to me.

Which I lived within walking distance.

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
                      Have you ever tried sitting still for a fortnight and having to be motionless and silent?
                      Fair enough, but she looks especially bored. Everyone else manages to look like they're at least taking an interest in the game, but with her I keep expecting her to pull some knitting or a paperback from her handbag.

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      I take it you weren't watching yesterday
                      I was, but I'm still none the wiser.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cebs View Post
                        Don't think many people can go for the whole two weeks or imagine others do but I do find it funny that regulars seem bored on day one or two.

What I don't get is front row Brian seems to swap tables quite often but is always next to the player's chair.

Does he has a season ticket or just buy on day one and gets lucky?

The second option seems unlikely to me.

Which I lived within walking distance.
                        Brian knows the people who have the same seats on the opposite side, and they swap often. His hotel is within walking distance, but he lives in Coventry!

Comment

• Maguire looks like he can't be bothered being there. .

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                            I'm rooting for him anyway...would be nice to see him advance to the next round. Maguire needs to keep his evil-twin under wraps
                            I'm rooting for Maguire until we get to the decider.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• And while I'm in a moaning mood, I'll just say, Oh, how I hate the commentator's telecaster machine! Either update the software so that the lines don't look as though they're being rendered on a ZX81, or get rid of it.

They should use the same software that is used to show the coned areas of availability when a player is in a snooker - nice, subtle transparent shades of green overlayed on the bed of the table with the correct perspective.
                              Last edited by Billy; 19 April 2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by em@rel View Post
                                For those who cant see the new graphic mentioned earlier.

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                It tells you how many points he's on, max break available, and how far he needs to reach for his opponent to need snookers
                                Originally Posted by Billy View Post

I was, but I'm still none the wiser.
                                Here you go

Comment

Working...
                                X