No announcement yet.

2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmm. Same story like last year. White and Maflin were the closest to send Selby packing but didnt. Will he now win the WC? Plz not

Comment

• Great player Selby is....
      I guess in order to beat him in a deciding frame you must clear in one visit....(147 maybe ? )

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
        Lovely stuff, a midnight finish on the very first day. Hopefully we get many more. :smile:

The usual decider win for Selby then, but it has to be said he was extremely lucky to survive tonight. Maflin had golden chances in both of the last two frames but failed to take them. Hopefully Selby comes back stronger in the 2nd round. The draw might even open up for him a little, with Maguire in trouble against McGill. :smile:
        He was lucky to survive as he let Maflin have his chances in the decider, but let's not forget what happened the two or three frames before. The luck Maflin had with the run of the balls was incredible. Kudos to Mark to get his nerves together and pull the win out.

Comment

• 2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Fantastic match and final frame, more of the same today please snooker gods! !

Comment

• Missed last night's live action sadly.

Sounds like a great close to.day one.

Will try and watch the last three frames soon but they might cover it at the start.of today's bbc live show.

Ronnie would been smiling a little bit last night I reckon, but will give credit to Selby for getting through.
            He is good in deciders and always worth backing in that situation.

Let's hope today brings some good action also.

Is Dott playing well? He is the first to finish in my four and five way none seeded beat.

Milkins needs to step up though, today is another day and he will hopefully turn it on today from the start as he can't afford to give Higgins an easy start again today.

Comment

• Apologies for the stupid question but if it's Saturday through to Monday isn't it 16 days not the 17 days we hear constantly? I must be being very stupid!
              Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                Apologies for the stupid question but if it's Saturday through to Monday isn't it 16 days not the 17 days we hear constantly? I must be being very stupid!
                It is 17 days: Saturday, Sunday, Monday and then again two weeks from Tuesday to Monday.

Comment

• Originally Posted by kligu View Post
                  It is 17 days: Saturday, Sunday, Monday and then again two weeks from Tuesday to Monday.
                  Yep, or to put it another way,

7 days will be Saturday to the next Friday.

14 days then will be Saturday til a week Friday.

then add Saturday, sunday & Monday.

Last edited by billabong; 19 April 2015, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Good stuff from Fu this morning. He got in with two superb reds in the last two frames and won them in one visit. Robertson's break in the opening frame wasn't bad either. :smile:

Comment

• I am enjoying Fu who is playing well which is
                      good to see. He had a miscue on the blue and
                      the CB jumped the blue but did hit it. Why was
                      that a foul?

Comment

• Originally Posted by robertmac View Post
                        I am enjoying Fu who is playing well which is
                        good to see. He had a miscue on the blue and
                        the CB jumped the blue but did hit it. Why was
                        that a foul?
                        I am sure someone will quote the appropriate rule, but essentially the foul was called because the white jumped in the air and landed on the other side of the blue. If it had jumped in the air, hit the blue, but landed on the same side, it wouldn't have been a foul. :smile:

Comment

• It looked like it hit this side imo.

How a ref can tell in real time though I don't know.

Could have been crucial as well as almost a re spotted black.

Did it get classed as a foul then. Couldn't tell live really.

If so Marco shold have been only one point needed in fouls not six. Wonder if they will mention it again.

Nice early morning snooker today and could be cracking close to this match.

Comment

• I find it very annoying the way Fu keeps stiking his tongue put before every damn shot he takes....like a stupid frog.
                            "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• its not easy out there for our fu frog to try and win the worlds for the first time. great player though
                              Originally Posted by attilahun View Post
                              I find it very annoying the way Fu keeps stiking his tongue put before every damn shot he takes....like a stupid frog.

Comment

• Scuse my ignorance, but it is normal for there to be no live play on the afternoon of the first Sunday of coverage?
                                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                                X