Will he,,,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will he,,,,,

Will Ronnie ever win more world titles than anyone else?

Of course he will, he uses a Parris...

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
      Of course he will, he uses a Parris...
      I sometimes think he could do it with a broom handle.

Comment

Even though I can't stand his attitude at all at the moment,
        I'm certain he will win another Worldchampionship. He might even do it
        far above his 40th birthday.
        There was a man before who managed to do so. And Ronny might
        be even more talented than him.

But it remains to be seen.

Best wishes
        Mat
        There is always a chance to win. You just have to
        never give up!

Comment

Originally Posted by Mat91 View Post
          Even though I can't stand his attitude at all at the moment,
          I'm certain he will win another Worldchampionship. He might even do it
          far above his 40th birthday.
          There was a man before who managed to do so. And Ronny might
          be even more talented than him.

But it remains to be seen.

Best wishes
          Mat
          Your right, Ronnie does have a bad attitude at times but looking at what he has been through in his personal life I can see why he went off the rails and his head isn't right at times.
          He isn't my favourite player but you can't take away the fact that he is probably the greatest ever player to pick up a cue, when you look at his natural ability. Just my opinion

Comment

Totally d'accord!

Ronny has abillities nobody else possess.
            He went through things I don't even want to imagine
            happening to myself. But I honestly don't think, one can explain
            every single situation he went nuts.

I could imagine the latest ones are more self pressure related.
            And I don't think the way he copes with it at the moment
            is how a world champion should do.

Ronny is one of these characters that make Snooker special to me and mostly everone ( the same
            as Alex Higgins did). He truely made me think of the game in a different way and gave me the
            pleasure, to watch some of the most exciting moments in the history of the game.

So I really don't want to sound disrespectful towards Ronny, his achievements and his fans,
            but I think there is more to be a true champ than potting balls and beeing brilliant at the table.
            This part he lacks to adress in the manner it would be respectful towards the game and the fans.

Best wishes
            Mat
            There is always a chance to win. You just have to
            never give up!

Comment

Can't see Ronnie winning another world title now, it's going to get more difficult for him every year now and he won't be able to maintain his form for the marathon that is the World Championships.
              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

No he wont.Joe Davis won fifteen.
                :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
                  No he wont.Joe Davis won fifteen.
                  Ha ha -

I think Ronnie can win one or two more if he gets his head down and works on a few things - he knew he was not on it before he started this year - sometimes when you play snooker you don't feel right from the first shot - sometimes you just click and buzz and then other times you just don't feel right before you hit a ball - I can usually tell if I am going to play right or not from the first hit myself.

I think concentration and motivation is a bit lacking in him right now.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                    Ha ha -

I think Ronnie can win one or two more if he gets his head down and works on a few things - he knew he was not on it before he started this year - sometimes when you play snooker you don't feel right from the first shot - sometimes you just click and buzz and then other times you just don't feel right before you hit a ball - I can usually tell if I am going to play right or not from the first hit myself.

He's already said he puts 20% in. Bingo must have been putting in 100% pre-Sheffield. Crazy boy Ronnie. Family first (no problem from me there on that one), property 2nd, coffee 3rd, snooker 4th. Lots of rich people can invest in property, my mate runs a coffee company and plenty of us have family. But there's only one person who can hit a maxi in 5mins and make it look child's play. So get a F****** grip RONNIE and play snooker till you can't play anymore. Business after that my son, after that. Or get an investment mgr to manage these things with you giving some general directives instead of hands on, more time for family and snooker. Once again, get a F****** grip Ronnie.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                      So get a F****** grip RONNIE and play snooker till you can't play anymore. Business after that my son, after that. Or get an investment mgr to manage these things with you giving some general directives instead of hands on, more time for family and snooker. Once again, get a F****** grip Ronnie.
                      If he's not feeling any passion for the big tournaments, what we think and what we'd do in his position mean nothing. It seems to me that it's not the game itself he's fallen out of love with, maybe it's the travel, the interviews, the endless opinions and all the stuff away from the table that bore him. He knows how good he is on his day but if you've achieved it all, what keeps you coming back for more if most of the deal of "being Ronnie" does his head in?

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                        Ha ha -

The usual rubbish from the "Ronnie Is God" brigade.
                        :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
                          The usual rubbish from the "Ronnie Is God" brigade.
                          Ronnie is god. The only genius in snooker apart from tha Blaster. He's the best ever and all the pros say so, even Hendry. I beleive it myself but the pros know more so I go by their wisdom. No-one, well maybe Jimmy at times has ever made a very difficult game look very easy. But as drumcue says, maybe even the love of tournaments has gone. He sure ain't practising, not if he needs a block of chalk to work things out.

Comment

nope, he cant concentrate long enough these days, and god forbid he did, the BBC would run a ten week special on him 24 hours a bloody day!

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                              nope, he cant concentrate long enough these days, and god forbid he did, the BBC would run a ten week special on him 24 hours a bloody day!
                              yes, something wrong if you keep losing 4-5-6 frames on the spin and now it's more and more often.

Comment

Working...
                              X