No announcement yet.

Will he,,,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also interesting who will be new bookies favorite? Trump?

Comment

Ronnie may have one more world championship in him but I doubt it. Without Steve Peters he would have had fewer than five. I don't really care whether he wins another, but I do object to his switched-off attitude in some matches last season. If he's going to turn up and play he should give 100% every frame, otherwise it's short changing everyone else, players and fans alike. I suspect he is giving himself a get out clause inside his own head. If he were to try 100% and still lose I don't think he could take it. As things stand he can say that he played rubbish, so losing becomes acceptable.

Comment

The man is so far ahead of his time, in terms of skill and how the game is played, that he could be winning titles into his 50s.

Whether or not he wants them is a WHOLE different kettle of fish balls.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
          The man is so far ahead of his time, in terms of skill and how the game is played, that he could be winning titles into his 50s.

Whether or not he wants them is a WHOLE different kettle of fish balls.

Can't see him winning anything in his 50's despite his talent, Father Time is an evil ****
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
            Ronnie may have one more world championship in him but I doubt it. Without Steve Peters he would have had fewer than five. I don't really care whether he wins another, but I do object to his switched-off attitude in some matches last season. If he's going to turn up and play he should give 100% every frame, otherwise it's short changing everyone else, players and fans alike. I suspect he is giving himself a get out clause inside his own head. If he were to try 100% and still lose I don't think he could take it. As things stand he can say that he played rubbish, so losing becomes acceptable.
            Yes, he's adopted this 'everything is a bonus' attitude which is a bit of cop out and says I'm trying to remove the pressure from my mind because I don't react well under pressure.

He's like KP, you gotta love him but he drives us mad.

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
              nope, he cant concentrate long enough these days, and god forbid he did, the BBC would run a ten week special on him 24 hours a bloody day!
              I don't think that's it entirely, he's roughly the same age as Bingo and he's done the biz recently but Bingo practices 8hrs a day. Ronnie does an hour or two a day! The genius doesn't feel the need to. That's genius and arrogance combined.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                Bingo practices 8hrs a day. Ronnie does an hour or two a day!
                Rats! Really?
                mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                  Can't see him winning anything in his 50's despite his talent, Father Time is an evil ****
                  Yes, perhaps. It was a slight exaggeration, but my point is that whether or not he wins more titles boils down to his desire. His ability is not in question.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                  X