X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
    Can't see him winning anything in his 50's despite his talent, Father Time is an evil ****
    Yes, perhaps. It was a slight exaggeration, but my point is that whether or not he wins more titles boils down to his desire. His ability is not in question.

Leave a comment:

• Raldon
    replied
    Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    Bingo practices 8hrs a day. Ronnie does an hour or two a day!
    Rats! Really?

Leave a comment:

• Master Blaster
    replied
    Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
    nope, he cant concentrate long enough these days, and god forbid he did, the BBC would run a ten week special on him 24 hours a bloody day!
    I don't think that's it entirely, he's roughly the same age as Bingo and he's done the biz recently but Bingo practices 8hrs a day. Ronnie does an hour or two a day! The genius doesn't feel the need to. That's genius and arrogance combined.

Leave a comment:

• Master Blaster
    replied
    Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
    Ronnie may have one more world championship in him but I doubt it. Without Steve Peters he would have had fewer than five. I don't really care whether he wins another, but I do object to his switched-off attitude in some matches last season. If he's going to turn up and play he should give 100% every frame, otherwise it's short changing everyone else, players and fans alike. I suspect he is giving himself a get out clause inside his own head. If he were to try 100% and still lose I don't think he could take it. As things stand he can say that he played rubbish, so losing becomes acceptable.
    Yes, he's adopted this 'everything is a bonus' attitude which is a bit of cop out and says I'm trying to remove the pressure from my mind because I don't react well under pressure.

He's like KP, you gotta love him but he drives us mad.

Leave a comment:

• GeordieDS
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    The man is so far ahead of his time, in terms of skill and how the game is played, that he could be winning titles into his 50s.

Whether or not he wants them is a WHOLE different kettle of fish balls.

Can't see him winning anything in his 50's despite his talent, Father Time is an evil ****

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    The man is so far ahead of his time, in terms of skill and how the game is played, that he could be winning titles into his 50s.

Whether or not he wants them is a WHOLE different kettle of fish balls.

Leave a comment:

• ghost121
    replied
    Ronnie may have one more world championship in him but I doubt it. Without Steve Peters he would have had fewer than five. I don't really care whether he wins another, but I do object to his switched-off attitude in some matches last season. If he's going to turn up and play he should give 100% every frame, otherwise it's short changing everyone else, players and fans alike. I suspect he is giving himself a get out clause inside his own head. If he were to try 100% and still lose I don't think he could take it. As things stand he can say that he played rubbish, so losing becomes acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• brook
    replied
    Also interesting who will be new bookies favorite? Trump?

Leave a comment:

• brook
    replied
    Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
    nope, he cant concentrate long enough these days, and god forbid he did, the BBC would run a ten week special on him 24 hours a bloody day!
    yes, something wrong if you keep losing 4-5-6 frames on the spin and now it's more and more often.

Leave a comment:

• andy carson
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Master Blaster
    replied
    Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
    The usual rubbish from the "Ronnie Is God" brigade.
    Ronnie is god. The only genius in snooker apart from tha Blaster. He's the best ever and all the pros say so, even Hendry. I beleive it myself but the pros know more so I go by their wisdom. No-one, well maybe Jimmy at times has ever made a very difficult game look very easy. But as drumcue says, maybe even the love of tournaments has gone. He sure ain't practising, not if he needs a block of chalk to work things out.

Leave a comment:

• Tim65
    replied
    Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
    Ha ha -

I think Ronnie can win one or two more if he gets his head down and works on a few things - he knew he was not on it before he started this year - sometimes when you play snooker you don't feel right from the first shot - sometimes you just click and buzz and then other times you just don't feel right before you hit a ball - I can usually tell if I am going to play right or not from the first hit myself.

I think concentration and motivation is a bit lacking in him right now.
    The usual rubbish from the "Ronnie Is God" brigade.

Leave a comment:

• drumcue
    replied
    Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    So get a F****** grip RONNIE and play snooker till you can't play anymore. Business after that my son, after that. Or get an investment mgr to manage these things with you giving some general directives instead of hands on, more time for family and snooker. Once again, get a F****** grip Ronnie.
    If he's not feeling any passion for the big tournaments, what we think and what we'd do in his position mean nothing. It seems to me that it's not the game itself he's fallen out of love with, maybe it's the travel, the interviews, the endless opinions and all the stuff away from the table that bore him. He knows how good he is on his day but if you've achieved it all, what keeps you coming back for more if most of the deal of "being Ronnie" does his head in?

Leave a comment:

• Master Blaster
    replied
    Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
    Ha ha -

I think Ronnie can win one or two more if he gets his head down and works on a few things - he knew he was not on it before he started this year - sometimes when you play snooker you don't feel right from the first shot - sometimes you just click and buzz and then other times you just don't feel right before you hit a ball - I can usually tell if I am going to play right or not from the first hit myself.

He's already said he puts 20% in. Bingo must have been putting in 100% pre-Sheffield. Crazy boy Ronnie. Family first (no problem from me there on that one), property 2nd, coffee 3rd, snooker 4th. Lots of rich people can invest in property, my mate runs a coffee company and plenty of us have family. But there's only one person who can hit a maxi in 5mins and make it look child's play. So get a F****** grip RONNIE and play snooker till you can't play anymore. Business after that my son, after that. Or get an investment mgr to manage these things with you giving some general directives instead of hands on, more time for family and snooker. Once again, get a F****** grip Ronnie.

Leave a comment:

• Byrom
    replied
    Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
    No he wont.Joe Davis won fifteen.
    Ha ha -

Leave a comment:

Working...
X