Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm waiting for the repeats later

well done those two

in a way I have enjoyed this event and format, it certainly shows the quality of play we receive in the "normal" events :wink:
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

This event was interesting in that I saw some great snooker
      but also saw the level of play in players of other countries.
      I prefer the normal tournaments more however.

Comment

Yan Bingtao gets the award for the oldest looking 15 year old I have ever seen - looks at least 36

Comment

What a pleasant surprise that was. I had a marathon day of snooker today, watching all matches from the quarter-finals onwards, and I don't remember ever being as happy for someone as I was for Zhou Yuelong tonight. He just hugged John Higgins in the end as if he was hugging his father, and they both celebrated like little kids when they get a nice birthday present. :smile:

Well played to China B, they played against players much older and much more experienced, and they never looked like the pressure would get to them. They have shown a lot of potential in the past as wildcards in the Chinese events, along with the likes of Zhao Xintong and Lyu Haotian, and today they've just confirmed that this truly is a promising generation. It's just a shame they most likely won't be able to defend their title in 2017. :smile:

All in all the World Cup is not perfect and it probably never will be, mainly because the competition is so limited, but I still enjoyed some of it. Looking forward to the big stage in Australia next week now. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I'm waiting for the repeats later

well done those two

in a way I have enjoyed this event and format, it certainly shows the quality of play we receive in the "normal" events :wink:
            Here's a link to the Final if you want to see it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv_bmc_XgIA

Comment

Zhou and Yan seemed to just go out and play their game
              regardless of who their opponents were. Being underdogs
              there was much less pressure on them and with each win
              their confidence grew. They were given a chance to play
              and they certainly made the best of it.
              I too am looking forward to the Australian tournament.

Comment

caught the final last night
                it was brilliant the reaction with the last balls and Higgins a bit overwhelmed but I think he then remembered what it is like to win and that "moment", the joy when the team came together
                The event has shown that what we usually see is the pinnacle of a difficult game where the players have spent years training and practising
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Well done China B on winning the World Cup. I was surprised that Yan Bingtao is only 15 years old. I thought the required minimum age for the professional ranks is 16 years old?

Comment

Those Chinese lads were scarily good - it was so nice to see the young lad getting all excited and giving Higgins a hug! They really deserved it and on the basis of that performance could be two to look out for.

Comment

Originally Posted by wrongsideoftheblue View Post
                      Those Chinese lads were scarily good - it was so nice to see the young lad getting all excited and giving Higgins a hug! They really deserved it and on the basis of that performance could be two to look out for.
                      Yeah they done really really well, good luck to the lads, they are going to be big in the game.

- Higgins probably threw the match anyway haha, the fraudster.

Comment

Working...
                      X